IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kids at IMS
9/3/18, 12:01 PM   #1
Kids at IMS
Emd645e6

I am leaving early in the morning for my very first trip to IMS. My buddy canceled at the last minute and I could not locate a replacement for the trip. My 5 year old daughter wants to go with me now and I'd love to be able to have her with me for this historic BC39 event. She has been to Du Quoin (indoor) with me before and had a great time but I'd like to get everyone's input on bringing a small child. We are staying at an AirBnB less than a block from turn 4 and I've been told the surrounding area is very safe to walk to and from the track. Any more input and advice I can get would be much appreciated. What is the restroom situation like inside The Speedway? I'm not afraid to drag her into the men's room with me, she's used to it Thank you in advance!

Mikey

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jim goerge, tirespinner
9/3/18, 1:20 PM   #2
Re: Kids at IMS
BrentTFunk

I would take my granddaughter no problem. With it being new not sure about everything. Infield bathrooms are usually only over whelmed on carbday and race day.

3 members like this post: Emd645e6, jim goerge, tirespinner
9/3/18, 6:35 PM   #3

Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 24

I would do it also. Especially from that close to the track. Sounds like most of your walk will be inside the IMS grounds and that is all fenced in and safe. If it was the night before the 500 you might have to ask her to keep her eyes closed as you walked across Georgetown road but not these 2 midweek nights. Not sure what day it all gets set up but the Georgetown road will be filled with vendors and food trucks eventually. And track facilities are plenty good enough no worries there.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, tirespinner
9/4/18, 10:23 AM   #4
rw02kr43

I'm taking my son. He's 3. He's pretty excited. I'm a bit worried on how he gets in. We bought 2 GA tickets for Wednesday night and he gets in free. But do I need to stand in line and get him a ticket too or just walk in. Also, anyone know if the shuttles will be running from the parking lot to the stands?

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
9/4/18, 10:52 AM   #5
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Try calling the IMS Ticket Office; (317) 492-8500
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
9/4/18, 11:50 AM   #6
Jerry Spencer

I would take my two 3 year old grandsons and my 6 year old gran daughter if I was going.

Go for it as it really is all about making memories

Jerry #66j

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jim goerge, luckybuc97, superstock30
9/4/18, 8:37 PM   #7
Emd645e6

Thank you everyone! I brought her and she's super excited,as am I!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kids at IMS