IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > LPS - July 6th & 7th - Bill Gardner Sprintacular
7/3/18, 8:48 AM   #11
Re: LPS - July 6th & 7th - Bill Gardner Sprintacular
Mrs G
Administrator

Another one of my favorites. I can remember this like it was yesterday. Bill had been having a very rough couple of days in the hospital, and in walks Joe, Jill and Steve Reutemann with this poster-sized picture. He immediately got a huge smile on his face, and it was as if he was pain free for the moment. If you knew Bill well enough, you knew that if you were on the receiving end of the "single finger salute", it was meant with love. The picture remained in his hospital room for the duration of his stay, and now proudly hangs in our home office. I am forever grateful to Joe, Jill, Steve and Chris Pedersen (racephoto1) for this memory!

7/21/14, 9:48 PM
Bill Gardner
City/State: Cloverdale, Indiana
Zip Code: 46120

This type of humor may not seem normal for some people, but I treat it as a form of love.

I've had a tough few days in thej hospital and I'm still not still not finished yet,

Just make sure your life is full of the laugher & enjoyment of the type of people in this photo.

I love you guys!! Put on the show and kick sum butt!!!

Sorry for typos... I'm been on so me heavy doeses of Pain medices.
33950153.aed22c51.jpg (215.8 KB, 102 views)

7/5/18, 6:24 AM   #12
Mrs G
Administrator

We are just one day out and the weather forecast looks perfect!

I don’t know about you but I’m looking forward to a relaxing weekend full of family, friends and racing!

7/5/18, 6:55 AM   #13
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs G View Post

I don’t know about you but I’m looking forward to a relaxing weekend full of family, friends and racing!
And ice cream!!

7/5/18, 7:54 AM   #14
Mrs G
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman92 View Post
And ice cream!!
Of course! I have no idea how I forgot the ice cream! 🍦

7/5/18, 10:59 AM   #15
Al Pierce

Race Count This Year: 49
Race Count Last Year: 43

Here's best wishes for a great weekend of racing and a great get together at the Gardner spectacular. I didn't know Bill real well, but I knew him well enough to pass along some race talk and get his perspective on racing and sometimes life in general. I enjoyed chatting with him many times as he cruised along in his golf cart. I am happy that we have not just a race, but an event named in his honor. Unfortunately, I am unable to attend due to plans made months ago. We are in Hawaii soaking up some hot tropical sun (like we don't have enough in Indiana). I do wish everyone the best and I guarantee that I won't miss it next summer.

7/5/18, 11:37 AM   #16
Mrs G
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Pierce View Post
Here's best wishes for a great weekend of racing and a great get together at the Gardner spectacular. I didn't know Bill real well, but I knew him well enough to pass along some race talk and get his perspective on racing and sometimes life in general. I enjoyed chatting with him many times as he cruised along in his golf cart. I am happy that we have not just a race, but an event named in his honor. Unfortunately, I am unable to attend due to plans made months ago. We are in Hawaii soaking up some hot tropical sun (like we don't have enough in Indiana). I do wish everyone the best and I guarantee that I won't miss it next summer.
Even though we will miss you, I hope you make more memories than you can handle during your amazing trip, Al!

7/5/18, 3:53 PM   #17
Lincoln Park Speedway

The weather is looking to be fantastic for the weekend! A little bit of rain is taking care of the water truck's job, and it is bringing in more pleasant temperatures.
Friday 83/58
Saturday 82/58
Perfect weather for the Bill Gardner Sprintacular!!!

2 members like this post: jim goerge, tirespinner
7/5/18, 5:16 PM   #18
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs G View Post

I second that!!!!!

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/5/18, 8:13 PM   #19
Dblchkrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman92 View Post
And ice cream!!
And dessert!!
Bloomington Speedway
Kokomo Speedway

3 members like this post: Mrs G, tirespinner, wildman92
7/6/18, 9:11 AM   #20
Lincoln Park Speedway

The Bill Gardner Sprintacular is finally here!
A couple things to note:
1) Friday Gate Opening Changes - 4:30pm for Pit Gate and 4:45 for Main Gate
2) Make sure the kids hold onto their kids tickets! The Indiana Open Wheel Kids Club will be drawing for gift bags at the conclusion of each classes heat races!

6 members like this post: davidm, jim goerge, oppweld, superstock30, tirespinner, wildman92
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > LPS - July 6th & 7th - Bill Gardner Sprintacular