IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BOSS at Richmond Raceway Sat
5/27/18, 8:48 AM   #11
Wingman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newport13 View Post
Well, you would not have had a hard time finding a good seat.
It was a shame too, track crew worked hard to get that race in and the feature was a heck of a show.
Unfortunately this is the case in my home state. It has been that way many years. They raced sprints all over this state. So many folks are brain washed with late models and NASCAR. To each his own. I can't tell you the last time I went to a late model race. As for me I will drive 2 Hours every weekend to see the sprinters rather than drive 30 minutes to see a late model race. To me they are missing out on the best grass roots racing on the planet.

1 member likes this post: Newport13
5/27/18, 8:59 AM   #12
Re: BOSS at Richmond Raceway Sat
Gregg

Some Charles Nungester-style takeaways:

-The crowd was a little on the light side for sure. Hopefully the word gets out and more people fill the stands this evening. It would be great to see sprint cars have more of a presence in central Kentucky.

-A first-time track for me; a bit of a paper clip with maybe a little less banking (especially turns 1 & 2) than Bloomington. You probably will never get the sprinters to go 4 wide on the parade lap at this bull ring.

-I turned onto Green Crossing Road which is a small country road and went a ways wondering where it was. Then I remembered the first time I went to Twin Cities and said to myself "press on". I was rewarded for my patience.

-Outside of the 15th lap which got a little crazy, it was a good sprint car feature. You could throw a blanket over P2-P4.

-The checker for the sprint feature flew at 10:45.

-Talking to Michael Fischesser, he told me a heavy mid afternoon shower passed through there. That set the racing program back an hour. I give the track prep people credit for getting the track in as good of shape as it was. They weren't dealt a very good hand.

-The BOSS sprinters did their pill draw but every other class did qualifications. The track would qualify two cars at a time, separated by a half lap which I thought was a little unique way of doing it.

-Returning from Richmond I saw flashes of lightning from there on home. I had the wipers on for about 3-5 minutes before I hit I-75, otherwise no problems with rain.

-I was on the fence with going all afternoon and even on the way I was ready to turn around with a heavy rain shower hitting the Greater Cincinnati area. Glad I didn't.
Last edited by Gregg; 5/27/18 at 10:50 AM.

4 members like this post: Newport13, Pat O'Connor Fan, PJ Wright, Wingman
5/28/18, 10:31 AM   #13
Re: BOSS at Richmond Raceway Sat
TNRustler

First time for us to see the BOSS sprinters and first time track for us also. I thought the track worked hard to put on a good show under some challenging circumstances. Certainly can't complain at all about the racing. Thought Owen might have something for Dues at the end but he faded after the last red. The last lap was fantastic when Cooley passed Dues and then Dues passed him back to take the checkers with Rose close behind in third. Hats off to BOSS and Richmond! Really glad we went.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Newport13, Wingman
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BOSS at Richmond Raceway Sat