IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > observation # 1
5/4/18, 1:21 AM   #1
observation # 1
flagboy55

Strolling through my tweets on break this evening I noticed a post from Jarrett Andretti saying Saturday night he was going to Ohio to run a wing race. I don't mind saying I was a bit shocked by that considering my beloved United States Auto Club is having a national sprint race at Plymouth. I'm of the opinion that Jarrett has gotten better every year and I thought sometime this year he would get a chance to "park it" with a USAC win. I would not even have given it a second thought if it were a weekend that had nothing special going on, but that's not the case. I also noticed that guy's like T-Mez and Cottle have chosen to do what I would consider "cherry pickin" instead of showing up at bigger paying race's. Don't get me wrong, if they think it's more profitable to do that to support their financial needs, I say,do what you have to do and God bless. However I think that the 3 driver's I've mentioned should be at every USAC race because they are among the best, and that's what I expect from the premier non-wing club in the world. So, I apologize for my long winded question, but here it is, does the United States Auto Club need to do more to ensure the best wingless teams are always in attendance at their events? Can't wait to hear what you think

5/4/18, 5:55 AM   #2
Re: observation # 1
BrentTFunk

Pay less?

5/4/18, 9:39 AM   #3
Rpracing1

I can tell you that one of the teams mentioned here will run the event that is closest to them, and where they have the best chance to make a dollar regardless of where USAC is running.

5 members like this post: jim goerge, luckybuc97, OnTheHammer, oppweld, wright59
5/4/18, 12:36 PM   #4
Newport13

Race Count This Year: 2

I think Andretti is pulling double duty that night.

5/4/18, 4:28 PM   #5
trannyman

Andretti has hit and missed some Ohio winged races in the past.With all the other USAC events he attends,not sure why it'd be a big thing.Not speaking for everyone but guessing they do like most race teams.They take in schedules,and sit down and plan out what's best for the team.Sometimes its because it's closer to home,sometimes it payouts,and sometimes it could just be an opportunity to run a winged sprint.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
5/4/18, 4:54 PM   #6
david mitchell
Banned

We

5/4/18, 5:01 PM   #7
david mitchell
Banned

Exactly,and why would a promoter want to pay extra for USAC when he can get the same guys for a regular show.USAC used to have leverage when they had the Speedway.WOO has it now.You run anywhere on a night when we have race there will be severe penalties.Do you think the WOO regulars really wanted to be in Texas last weekend instead of Mansfield.USAC has nothing to threaten car owners with now.

3 members like this post: captrat, chrismattlin, motorhead748
5/4/18, 7:19 PM   #8
btg1963

Andretti was not at Haubstadt last week either. Wonder if he is still on the outs with Tri-State/MSCS???

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
5/4/18, 7:51 PM   #9
JarettAndretti

I was not at Bloomington/Haubstadt last weekend because I was doing some road racing in Virginia. I will periodically miss weekends due to conflicts with that schedule.

We look forward to being back at Haubstadt next Saturday for the MSCS/MOWA show if everything goes well tomorrow at Fremont with the wing car. I simply wanted to try something different as far as the wing and believe it will help me in the nonwing car. We only plan on running 8-12 shows with it throughout the year.

Hope this answers any questions. See everybody at the track!

5/4/18, 8:12 PM   #10
wright59

Good luck Jarrett, always an Andretti fan!! It’s May, we need a few wins!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > observation # 1