IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tyler Nelson Returns for another Shot at the Chili Bowl
1/5/18, 11:18 PM   #1
Tyler Nelson Returns for another Shot at the Chili Bowl
JessicaJ

Race Count This Year: 12+
Race Count Last Year: 7

Tyler Nelson Returns for another Shot at the Chili Bowl
By Jessica Jenkins

2017's Chili Bowl Midget Nationals yielded disappointing results for Tyler Nelson as he fought persistent motor issues on his preliminary night. But the racer now living in Indianapolis is not letting it hold back his expectations for 2018. With his best showing two years ago in Saturday's G Main, the 20 year old is looking to vastly improve on that result. While knowing an appearance in Saturday's A Main is a tall order with everything needing to go perfectly, a brand new motor has Nelson optimistic he can put himself in position. On the heels of a productive 2017 season, the USAC and POWRi racer will take what he learned over the past twelve months and climb back into the #88T he owns to work his way into a new best Chili Bowl result.

In his fourth trip to the River City Expo Center, Nelson's qualifying night is once more on Wednesday and he'll get on track for hot laps at 4pm local time with heat races following at 5pm. Saturday's racing action begins early at 10am and works its way to opening ceremonies at 6pm heading into the biggest races of the week. Racinboys.com is hosting their live pay per view all week long before MAVTV joins the party Saturday evening at 7:30pm Central Time to take you to the week's final checkered flag.

Follow the Olathe, KS native on Facebook @TylerNelsonRacing and Twitter @TylerNelson88 for updates on his on track performance throughout the week.

In His Own Words
I'm looking forward to doing Chili Bowl in my car. Last year it was kinda rough [since] our motor wouldn't run. We fought that all week, so it was just kind of a diagnosing session instead of racing. That kind of always puts you behind the 8 ball, but I'm looking forward to going back. We have a good power plant underneath us that I'd like to thank Stanton Racing Engines for. I can't wait to go back there and see what we can do in our own car.

What you need to know
Car number: 88T
Team name: Tyler Nelson Racing
Chassis: Spike
Motor: SR 11
Sponsors: Wilwood Brakes, Superior Bearing & Supply, Boys and Girls Club of Greater Kansas City, Weld Wheels, Regency Coffee & Vending
Track: Tulsa Expo Raceway, 1/4 mile
Qualifying Night: Wednesday, January 10
Race Date: Saturday, January 13
Feature length: 55 laps

1/6/18, 3:11 PM   #2
Baylands

Do well.
Last edited by Baylands; 1/7/18 at 4:29 AM.

1 member likes this post: sp6967
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tyler Nelson Returns for another Shot at the Chili Bowl