IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chili Bowl PPV
1/4/18, 8:00 PM   #11
TKRacing

Its 59.99 for a year. All live events require a yearly membership. Well worth the money. Especially since you can watch Dirty 30 which is non wing sprints and midgets, the ASCS races, late models, mods, and so much more. If you download the app on your phone and have a smart tv and both are connected to your wifi you can put it right up on your tv from your phone. Or plug your laptop into your tv via hdmi cable.

1/5/18, 1:44 AM   #12
Re: Chili Bowl PPV
ModernDayDrifter

Race Count This Year: 47
Race Count Last Year: 37

We have had Lucas Oil TV since it started. The day it went live, I bought a yearly subscription. That year you could buy the Chili Bowl PPV for $40, or a year subscription for $60 and the Chili Bowl was included. No brainer, $20 for 10-15 more live latemodel and sprint car races throughout the year.

Now they have upped the yearly subscription to $100 for the year for new subscribers and those of us that are locked in to $60 rate will stay that way unless you cancel.

When you look at the fact that they have like 50 live events on schedule this year, it's $2 per event. Broadcast in HD without an issue and on the off chance there is a problem they communicate quickly and often on social media.

I understand most people wont watch all 50 events, but at and average of $25 an event elsewhere I am sure you can justify 4 events on the schedule and you get ALL KINDS of extra racing content with the subscription.

You can stream from your laptop to tv via HDMI cable, or if you have a roku/amazon firestick it is on there also. Im sure you can find it on other platforms as well by now.

You really can't beat it. Ive always said it is the second best bargain in racing, behind the World Finals!

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
1/5/18, 1:49 AM   #13
ModernDayDrifter

Race Count This Year: 47
Race Count Last Year: 37

Also, if all you are after is the Chili Bowl I came across this link in a post on hoseheads.

http://www.nkt.tv/

It says to go to the "ala carte" menu, and subscribe to MavTV. Claim is you can subscribe to the channel through a real cable company in Ohio and stream it through your computer for $3/month, so if you just want to do Chili Bowl $3 and cancel the next day.

I have not tried this route, but thats an option if someone wants to give it a try.

1/5/18, 1:02 PM   #14
Therealether

Thank me for this later. Go to nkt.tv.
Sign up for free. Add MAVTV under alacarte channels for $2.99. Congrats, you can now watch the Chili Bowl Saturday night for $3. Watch online, or apps for Roku, etc. If I could figure out how to restream it on YouTube myself I'd do it lol

1/5/18, 4:34 PM   #15
JDFAST

Is there a way to watch a tape delayed replay. I know I can buy the $125 live broadcast, but I likely miss most of the first 1/2 or 3/4 of the races being on the west coast. i thought i could buy a monthly pass to RBN, but they told me that doesn't include the replay coverage of the chilli bowl. I know the $125 is a good value, but for some of us, or me, it's a chunk of change. Likely see some of the best racing for a week for $125, but ... would be nice to see a reduced price for tape delay. For whatever reason, when I watch PPV there is some buffering or poor image, the replay version is always top notch. Any way, I guess I should just be happy there is PPV and I have Mav on my cable provider, one year I had to go to hooter's with no audio (had no idea Swindell was a lap down and blocking leaders), sounds good, but who wants to be in a hooters with family for 4 plus hours when u don't drink much but the scenery was good.
Last edited by JDFAST; 1/5/18 at 4:36 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chili Bowl PPV