IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New track at Edgewater problem
11/11/17, 2:52 PM   #11
Longtime sprinter

Hope this is not true. I was hoping they could get around the curfew issue and get something good going. It would be nice to have another dirt track in the area, and I agree, curfew just means start on time, finish on time.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
11/11/17, 3:46 PM   #12
Re: New track at Edgewater problem
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I got no idea how it's affecting the flood plain when all they did was push the field outward to form the banks, The didn't actually fill anything in or bring in dirt. The property is zoned a quarry like dozens of others on the great miami. Im not sure the Army Corps of engineers has any say here as it's not a Corp project like the Dykes in Lawrenceburg are. It changes the flood plain not one ioda.

As for permits.complaints, stop orders, This should all be online somewhere. Links?

I was told by some EXPERT that a full time secretary was working on everything etc that they had a ten thousand seat grandstand on the grounds. Only to find on the FB page them asking for grandstand and fencing help.

We'll see what happens 11pm is iffy for a friday night program as most start a bit later due to traffic. There are ways around it by friday Rush hour on 275 is a pain.

1 member likes this post: Boat
11/11/17, 4:13 PM   #13
Re: New track at Edgewater problem
DWX 9929

Banks are not just dirt from the field. Dirt was brought from the MSD project on Queen City Avenue. An average of 40 truck loads a day for several weeks. I was impressed with the job the excavator did with just one medium sized dozer. He shaped a lot of dirt!
There is no zoning in Miami Township.
I'd like to have another track just 15 minutes from my house but I don't see it happening.

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
11/11/17, 10:10 PM   #14
Longtime sprinter

Hmm, not sure the dirt from Queen City ave is gonna do the job for track banking. Would think they would need clay in there, Imho, but I don’t claim to be an excavator. As far as the Miami twsp not having any zoning, don’t know where you are getting that from.
Last edited by Longtime sprinter; 11/11/17 at 10:18 PM.

11/11/17, 11:44 PM   #15
DWX 9929

I'm no excavator either but I'd say that the dirt would also need to be compacted.
Should have been clearer on the zoning- portions of Precincts B and C are unzoned. That along with Whitewater Township (across the river from Miami Township) are the last unzoned areas of Hamilton County.
Attached Images
image.jpg (142.3 KB, 116 views)

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, motorhead748
11/12/17, 10:42 AM   #16
Longtime sprinter

Like you, I'd love to see this get built, but seems like a lot of obstacles, to cross. Would be pretty amazing to get the track up and running in less than a year.

2 members like this post: motorhead748, PIT CART
11/13/17, 9:47 PM   #17
motorhead748

I wish them well with getting the track built and operating successfully. But I'm thinking within a year, maybe 2 they'll look in a mirror and say what the F were we thinking?

2 members like this post: Longtime sprinter, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New track at Edgewater problem