IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Non-Wing Sprints August 4th at Chandler Motor Speedway
7/31/17, 9:51 AM   #1
Non-Wing Sprints August 4th at Chandler Motor Speedway
thunder31

The Non-Wing Sprint Cars return to Chandler Motor Speedway this Friday night August 4th. They will be joined by the Ohio Valley Lightning Sprints and our regular classes. Gates open at 5PM, draw closes at 7PM, hot laps at 7:30PM, and racing at 8PM (Central Time). Adult general admission $15, ages 11-17 $10 (with student ID), and kids 10 and under are free. Pit passes are $30. We are the only track running sprint cars this Friday night in Indiana so come on out. Track has been in great shape this year and the racing has been good at both of our sprint car races this season. Trying to build on our car counts for sprints so this is something we can do again in 2018 with 3-4 sprint car races. More info can be found at www.chandlerspeedway.com and on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/chandlerspeedway/.

3 members like this post: Nate, PAW, treecitytornado
8/1/17, 8:13 AM   #2
PAW

I'm headed to Evansville Friday to pick up some concert tickets, I'll come check you out.

8/2/17, 1:58 AM   #3
Pro595x

How many Sprints do you average per race?

8/2/17, 9:39 AM   #4
Re: Non-Wing Sprints August 4th at Chandler Motor Speedway
thunder31

Been getting around 8 sprints for our first 2 sprint car races this year. This is the first year in many years that we have run more than one non-wing race so we are really trying to build the car count. Hoping to get 10 or more this Friday but we will see. We are the only track in Indiana running sprints this Friday so maybe that will help.

3 members like this post: Agentry10, i love dirt track racing, superstock30
8/3/17, 7:40 PM   #5
trust2

Would love to see the car count rise here, I ran here earlier this year before having motor failure and the track surface was great and could definitely have some really good racing go on here!

1 member likes this post: thunder31
8/3/17, 7:51 PM   #6
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Run Chandler Friday & TSS Saturday.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

1 member likes this post: oppweld
8/4/17, 12:54 AM   #7
jim goerge

I'm sorry but I don"t see many sprints showing up for $500 to win, when next night at Haubstadt they run for $5000 to win. That sounds a little to me

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
8/4/17, 10:38 AM   #8
thunder31

The weather feels like fall and its August. Going to be a great night for racing at Chandler Motor Speedway.

8/4/17, 11:49 AM   #9
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 25

On the way, first timer at Chandler going for the double with Tri State! As for the payout I believe it grows with the car count. Drivers go to Paragon what does it normally pay? Where else are people racing tonight?

2 members like this post: Dirtfan, jim goerge
8/4/17, 2:54 PM   #10
thunder31

We are working on the payout. Right now it is very similar to the payout at Paragon. Our track will only support so much as far as payout goes and we are trying to figure that out. Chandler is more of a grassroots/community track so its tough to put up big money to win. We simply don't have the seating and pit area to support very large races. Ticket prices have to increase and a lot of our fans just can't afford it. We want to give everyone something different and exciting to watch a few times a season and think that non-wing sprints might work out.

7 members like this post: Dirtfan, fish, JDR37, jim goerge, Leohr46, superstock30, Will Shunk
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Non-Wing Sprints August 4th at Chandler Motor Speedway