IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > kokomo
7/9/17, 9:49 AM   #11
addictedtodirt

Those stadium seats are a pain in the ass to anyone who has the misfurtune of sitting behind one. If you put that thing down in front of me, you might as well punch my wife and kick the kid too because we are going to have words. My knees will be in your back all night and I will make it my mission to see that you get more pissed than me. Leave that thing in the car or sit elsewhere and we will get along fine.

7/9/17, 9:55 AM   #12
Re: kokomo
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetglider View Post
The back stretch bleachers are nice.......EXCEPT for the guy with the stadium seat that was literally leaning back 3 inches from my seat!!! He sure looked comfy but I had to either straddle him or lean left or right with my legs....and no he wasn't an older fella. ugh.
Some people sat behind me after I already set up my chair, so I moved a few spaces over where I had an open seat behind me & also in front. Everybody was happy. It was a full crowd, but not cramped in the new bleachers

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/9/17, 10:34 AM   #13
streetglider

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
Some people sat behind me after I already set up my chair, so I moved a few spaces over where I had an open seat behind me & also in front. Everybody was happy. It was a full crowd, but not cramped in the new bleachers
So.. let me get this right. Kokomo Speedway has a record crowd, the PA announcer is asking people to squeeze together so the fans can find a seat .... and you think its ok to take up THREE spots? Your chair, the row in front and the row behind you??? Common courtesy Rev, common courtesy!!!

7/9/17, 12:08 PM   #14
ISF

We sat on the front stretch and there were these stadium seats all around us. I own a stadium seat and left it home because I know from attending races at Kokomo in the past that the front stretch bleachers are very tight for even an average sized person and we weren't looking to diminish another fans' experience to enhance our own. Maybe I'm a bit naive.

Last night was about as uncomfortable as I've ever been at a racetrack due in large part to people using stadium seats. We love attending races at Kokomo and most times gladly drive 3 1/2 hours one way to do so but last night was a potential deal breaker. I attend races for the joy of racing, we aren't looking for trouble or participation in some pissing contest with those who find it acceptable to exercise their right as given by management to purposefully inflict discomfort on others in lieu of their own relaxed seating arrangement.

If racetrack management deems it acceptable and believes that allowing some patrons to inflict discomfort onto other patrons enhances their business model then we are left with two choices and we all know what those choices are. We will have to decide when the time comes as to whether the enjoyment outweighs the discomfort, inconvenience, cost of travel and admission. At the point that we enter the premises and lay our money down we agree to all the rules as they are exacted by management whether it be the allowance of stadium seats or being told in a rudimentary manner that we cannot enter the grandstand area with a bottle of water that is 3/4 empty.

7/9/17, 12:51 PM   #15
tirespinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtodirt View Post
those stadium seats are a pain in the ass to anyone who has the misfurtune of sitting behind one. If you put that thing down in front of me, you might as well punch my wife and kick the kid too because we are going to have words. My knees will be in your back all night and i will make it my mission to see that you get more pissed than me. Leave that thing in the car or sit elsewhere and we will get along fine.
amen!!!

1 member likes this post: ryan84
7/9/17, 2:03 PM   #16
JarrettFarms73

random side note. just saw a tweet from J Douglas Boles showing the view of the crowd from his seat in the front stretch. the president of IMS at Sprint week! #respect

7/9/17, 2:15 PM   #17
dkdorkboy

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 52

At Attica Speedway here in Ohio you can use the stadium seats for regular shows but not when All Stars or outlaws come to town.Maybe it would be a good policy for Kokomo to adopt for their bigger shows.

7/9/17, 4:27 PM   #18
akracer48

Really don't want to shame people using these stadium seats. But if this is what it takes to get them banned then I have no problem posting them.
Attached Images
IMG_5643.JPG (272.0 KB, 241 views)
IMG_5642.JPG (337.3 KB, 229 views)

7/9/17, 5:09 PM   #19
Hamby812

Let them keep using them, give them their own section and make them pay for 2 tickets. They can take up as much room
as they want and fight each other.

3 members like this post: Jesse B, oppweld, ryan84
7/9/17, 10:02 PM   #20
TommyBahama

Wow, I can't believe how inconsiderate some people can be! On the other hand I can, when it's that crowded and people still smoke in the grandstands.

Three things that shouldn't be allowed, stadium seats, taping blankets down and not showing up until the feature, and smoking. Kudos to Eldora and Knoxville, allow smoking in designated areas. I attend with someone who has bad asthma, the smoking causes serious problems. Not trying to be overly sensitive, but people need to understand their effects on others.

4 members like this post: Jesse B, ryan84, spicoli, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > kokomo