IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Head to Kokomo
7/8/17, 11:18 AM   #21
Re: Head to Kokomo
FEATHERDUSTER

My wife and I enjoyed Midget week which had 25+cars in both midget class and in the sprint class, we were out of there by 9:20.
As far as taking in food and drink I have no problem with that because their concessions are delicious and reasonably priced.
Working security at a race track is a tough job with some people wanting everything their way.
And last but not least find a cleaner better run track and go there, as for me I will be GYATK today.

4 members like this post: Bobv, BrentTFunk, goat, GYATK94
7/8/17, 11:41 AM   #22
Jesse B

Yeah, made my 5 year old drink or throw out his half bottle of water. Whatever.

3 members like this post: jim goerge, JohnnyRay, trannyman
7/8/17, 12:36 PM   #23
goat

waited all winter for summer waited this summer for sprint week and now ya all want to complain about rules that have been there forever and miss four wide, wide open into turn one. whats it take to make some people happy?

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, TBONE, WinglessLovers
7/8/17, 1:12 PM   #24
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 27
Race Count Last Year: 85

I've got a suggestion. Instead of complaining on this forum about existing policy and so forth why don't 20 or so of you get together early before the race and see if you could set up a meeting with one of the O'Connors and discuss your issues face to face. I will let you know that I don't agree with the no food or drink policy myself but I am not going to let one thing or one person ruin my day at the races. And to me Kokomo is the best track in Indiana and maybe in the entire country for close, side by side racing and that is the biggest reason I come to Kokomo. No track is perfect but reasonable face to face civil conversation can go a longer way than gripping on IOW. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face and I totally agree with goat above. Put the small stuff behind and enjoy the gem you all have here in the Hoosier state and enjoy a great night of sprint car racing at Kokomo.

Bruce Eckel

5 members like this post: berks co, BrentTFunk, goat, jim goerge, PIT CART
7/8/17, 10:22 PM   #25
jwl

Yes it didn't take long to meet the gate keeper at Kokomo

7/9/17, 3:33 PM   #26
trannyman

Ok,rules are rules.The purpose of the rule is not clear.IF the rule is indeed about supporting the track,then why are people allowed to go back out to their vehicles to drink and eat all they want?Then return to their seats.Make those people stay in the gates once they've entered.Bet there'd be a lot different opinions.I see not wanting people to pack in coolers and bags full of refreshments but someone,especially kids,carrying a restaurant cup in seems pretty acceptable.Besides,anyone that's taken kids to an event knows you WILL be at the concession stand before the nights over.Lol.

7/9/17, 3:59 PM   #27
jim goerge

The same guy who I asked at ISW if I could leave my walker by the flag stand , I was told no leave it here (by the entrance gate) I just looked at him and told him that if I could walk that far I wouldn"t need the dam walker

1 member likes this post: ronmil
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Head to Kokomo