IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paragon Speedway Amati 68
6/17/17, 10:25 PM   #31
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Short back around bland for 2nd

3 members like this post: Dirtfan, jim goerge, tirespinner
6/17/17, 10:27 PM   #32
wildman92

5 to go bland back around Short for 2nd

3 members like this post: Dirtfan, jim goerge, tirespinner
6/17/17, 10:28 PM   #33
wildman92

Finish. Cottle. Bland. Short.

6/17/17, 10:39 PM   #34
flagboy55

Updates much appreciated

6/17/17, 10:41 PM   #35
PushEm

Thank you Jen. I had to watch most of it from outside after towing cars off.

4 members like this post: jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan, rapid robert, wildman92
6/17/17, 11:39 PM   #36
chase1989

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 4

Yes go Shane Cottle

4 members like this post: fish, Pat O'Connor Fan, superstock30, Throttlemom
6/18/17, 12:41 AM   #37
Re: Paragon Speedway Amati 68
Jerry Shaw

That was kind of a "Twilight Zone" race. The track looked to be very well prepped. Drivers were running high, others were running low and it looked like there were those that were fast on either groove. The weird part is after a few laps and a few skirmishes that sorted the field out and the running order was established, other than the battle for second between Bland and Short that would materialize later in the race, nobody was catching anybody. In fact, it was just the opposite. Shane drove away from Brady. Brady was making distance from Jeff, after Jeff passed Jon for third. There was a yellow within the first 15 laps or so, but after that, it was green to checkered the rest of the way. Probably somewhere near 50 laps of uninterruped racing. Probably with about 20 or so laps left, Bland started really making his route on the very bottom of the track work and reeled Short in, passed him and started to drive away. A few laps after that, Short mounted a comeback, caught and passed Bland when they were in traffic. But that victory was short lived (no pun intended) as Jeff caught, dove under Brady and raced away from him from that point on. Other than that, the last continuous stretch of laps just really had the feel of a 50 lap hot lap session to it. Nothing that Keith and the Paragon crew did wrong, it's just the way this race unfolded and played out. Congratulations to Shane Cottle on a very dominating win. He demolished the field! He lapped most of them and was around a half a lap ahead of Bland when he took the checkered. As I was leaving, I heard people cheering and the track announcer saying "Congratulations to Shane Cottle or maybe we should call him 'Mr. Cottle' after that performance." He looked very Chuck Amati-like tonight.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 6/18/17 at 12:50 AM.

6/18/17, 8:33 AM   #38
Eatin Dirt

At the end of the race Cottle was right on Stanbrough push bar and I think Jon was in 5th.

2 members like this post: Jerry Shaw, Pat O'Connor Fan
6/18/17, 3:30 PM   #39
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Maybe not the greatest race ever run, but I really enjoyed the evening at Paragon. The weather was pleasant, with a gentle breeze stirring all evening, and I enjoyed visiting with my IOW friends, some of whom I was seeing for the first time this season. Jim Goerges did a stellar job as my shotgun rider, and we had a pleasant drive. Even had a brief moment of excitement when three police vehicles traveling nose to tail at high speed rounded the corner heading north on 231 in Spencer while we were waiting for the signal to change at 46 and 231.

6/18/17, 10:37 PM   #40
Danny Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
Even had a brief moment of excitement when three police vehicles traveling nose to tail at high speed rounded the corner heading north on 231 in Spencer while we were waiting for the signal to change at 46 and 231.
Those cops were looking for a couple of elderly gentlemen in a car who were consistently ignoring the move-over flag. Vanderburgh county plates. Hmm....

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paragon Speedway Amati 68