Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg 06/17
6/17/17, 10:17 PM   #11
cwfirearms44

That the official finish order?

6/17/17, 10:58 PM   #12
Re: Lawrenceburg 06/17
Gregg

Top 11; Westerfeld, Hodges, J. Kinser, Gaines, Owen, Abrams, Fischesser, Abel, Hughes, T. Hines, Main

Hope this helps.

Hell of a show. Lead changed three times on the last lap. Fishburger and I just looked at each other at the checkers and said "WOW".

Garrett Abrams may have been the car to beat in third by the 16th lap. Looked like be misjudged Bilbee and climbed the front stretch wall. Tagged the tail with a new LR and climbed up to 6th at the end.

Joss Moffatt can't buy a break. Back in his own car since early this season he ends up in the 4th turn wall on lap 3 and finished last. In my unprofessional opinion the car looked fixable.

Great night of racing with a near perfect track.

6/18/17, 12:37 AM   #13
Re: Lawrenceburg 06/17
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

The details have been given. Thanks Milford.

I was also there. And followed up the best ever $8 show at Midget week with the best ever $5 dollar show tonight. 27 cars checked into the Burg Tonight. Although Webber never hit the track.

Tony Main drove a stellar B coming from seventh to third in the last five laps of the B.

As Gregg pointed out, Garrett Abrams may have been the fastest car on the track, He came on like a ball of fire in the first five laps or so and was up to about third racing with Bilbee and the two came off four and must have touched, Bilbee dropped down, came ot a stop on the back stretch and didn't continue. Abrams after touching might have tapped the wall. IDK but he was on a wheel stand from hell and I have no idea how he didn't flip He came to a stop in three with a flat left rear. Got it changed, Restarted on the tail and made it all the way up to sixth..

As for the two leaders, I really can't explain it too well. I said to my uncle and dad that this would be a Westerfeld track for about the first 10-12 laps till the cushion pushes up a little further, Then we'll see what happens, Thats exactly what happened, About lap 18 Hodges put a clean slider going into one to take the lead and he appeared to be cruising on the cushion. Westerfeld fell back about ten car lengths but kept it wound up and on the prowl. I guess Hodges had a bit of a traffic problem allowing Westerfeld to close the gap. coming to the white flag off four, Westerfeld passed Hodges and was leading through one and two. They both ran into traffic in three and four. Hodges was ahead going into three but Westerfeld came off the bottom in the lead to cross the line first.

Had a great time. Sitting up top there was a strong breeze at our back which made a hot day tolerable and the clouds were just thick enough to keep the sun tamped down a bit. They watered after the heats but the track was far from dried out. It stayed nice all night.

Was great to see both Tony McVey and Moffatt back. Joss just can't catch a break. They towed 22hrs too and from Williams grove only to make two corners of hot laps. Came back, got a couple hours sleep, loaded the sprint and were at the burg for Sprint cars. Ran a great heat and hit the wall out of four in the feature.

Excellent night at the track, was good to say more than two words to both Dave Foist and Angel Moffatt. Featured pushed off at 9pm.

The BC Grasshopper moving forward award went to Drew Abel.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 6/18/17 at 8:52 AM.

4 members like this post: FishBurger, Gregg, jim goerge, smith19
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg 06/17