IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo
6/12/17, 7:03 PM   #51
Re: Kokomo
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

I believe Kokomo has the most reasonably priced consessions of any track I attend.That includes the fantastic porkchop samich.

6/12/17, 7:21 PM   #52
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
He was not, He was there with a little girl providing a phone stream from time to time of what was going on. You coudln't tell who's car was who most of the time. Nor can you most of the time from these phone FB streams they're like 260 pixels or something.

Was the event copyrighted? if yes, Then legally it's stealing.
Does the track have it posted, No Streaming and announce it? Then it's against track policy, Shut him down, ask him to leave, whatever

If neither, Then why all the BS? And the false accusation of doing it for profit.

I've always seen it as free advertisement. I mean I seen the new grandstand and how cool that will be. Don't they want me in a seat once it's opened? I thought it was out in the corner like LBurgs is, No, it's right off the push off lane.

I didn't get the live stream PPV stream last night, Catching up on stuff I needed to get done. Walked in at 915pm last night and a couple were streaming a couple races. You almost can't follow it or know who's who but I could see what was going on somewhat.

I did buy two PPV's and attended one this week, ain't no phone stream ever kept me at home because someone was doing it. It sure as heck did make me want to get to the track sooner rather than later and even if I see one from tracks I've never been too. Made me more likely to visit.

I know it's a business. But I sometimes wonder if the plain meanness doesn't hurt their bottom line than it helps. I too got asked, Whats in your jacket at a Klash. One it's non of their damn business and I even emptied my pockets to reviel a pair of gloves in one pocket and a ski hat in the other. but the YOUR TRYING TO SCREW US factor lives within me five years later.

Back to my Post and announce the policy. then there isn't a question on right or wrong. legal or not.
I can watch race monitor and follow updates and still know whats basically going on, But it's still not even close to being there.
Charles you were not there, so you have no complaint. The person who was doing this I have known for over 25 years. This whole thing started when people started calling the track complaining about the quality of the video they were receiving. The problem was some one had already paid to have the rights to the broadcast. There is no gray area. It is wrong and has nothing to do with what happened to you some other time. I had an older person who I parked on the backstretch at Lawrenceburg the other night. To enter we let the guy search our car and go through our stuff. It didn't bother me, but if you treat all tracks the same you should be irate.Like I said it didn't bother me. I am there to watch the race, not anything else.
I hate to go back but, the person filming was also the person that last year at the Bryan Clauson Memorial service was behind the trailer selling Bryan merch. This was when all teams and the track refused to sell any of their stuff.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
6/12/17, 7:21 PM   #53
D.N.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIT CART View Post
More and more tracks are adapting this policy no beverages or snacks in hand. I am really happy they didn't have this when my son was younger.
As far as cameras go my parents used to record a lot of my races in the 90's . Hard to believe you could get hung for that now.🏁
No one said you couldn't record. Broadcasting their event LIVE was the issue and charging some for it on top of it.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jim goerge, PIT CART, R A K
6/12/17, 7:33 PM   #54
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Nate you weren't there, so why are you commenting? There are at least 2 tracks in Indiana on the verge of closing yet people are trying to help people not support them. People on here complain about the strangest things. Go to the races, enjoy yourself and leave internet at home. I know the person who was doing this, and he was doing this for profit. The racers and promoters were getting nothing, and with the track doing ppv it was hurting the legit person providing. What did we do before we had the internet to complain about every little thing? I went to every race last week, and thought the crowds were down at each one.
You're right Brent, I wasn't there, didn't know you had to be at a race to post about that event on IOW. If that's a pre-req I have no idea how this website has as many comments as it does.

Secondly, I was agree with that fact that the guy doing it in conjunction of the PPV wasn't okay. I was watching on Speed Shift and some fan doing live stream either for profit or for free when someone is doing a PPV of the same event diminishes the product. I just pointed out the gentleman that was doing it is lucky they let him stay and actually watch the remainder of the event when other tracks, such as Daugherty, would have banned him for the season.

That said, I do not think some random guy streaming shaky coverage of a race on a cellphone is going to hurt attendance to the point a track will shut down because of it. It's certainly not the reason that a track like Gas City is in the situation it is. If that were the main cause then we better just get rid of all live stream and PPV providers such as The Cushion, DirtVision, Speed Shift, etc that way nobody can see anything unless they're there....although for some reason I don't think that alone would revive the two tracks here that you mentioned. The problems are far deeper and I know you, you're not a stupid guy, you know that too.

That said, I've never streamed from the track, never will. I know people that do or have and nobody has ever said anything to them and they probably still spend more money going to races and in driver merchandise than 75% of fans. If there were a rule posted then I know those people would follow the rules and not do it. So maybe tracks should start there for future instances of this taking place. I wouldn't be upset about it.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, stealth43k
6/12/17, 7:52 PM   #55
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

My cooler was also checked at Lawrenceburg for Beer. It's posted at each gate and on the site under FAQ. But I was still allowed a cooler with water or pop. The Flask was in my pocket

2 members like this post: 34racer, interpreter66
6/12/17, 8:32 PM   #56
trannyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc/rider View Post
I believe Kokomo has the most reasonably priced consessions of any track I attend.That includes the fantastic porkchop samich.
I totally agree.We bought our share of them,too.To make two ten and under girls throw away their leftover McDonald's drinks seems a bit ridiculous.On another note,posting rules about recording,etc.,won't work.There's a sign stating no taping down blankets to mark seats,yet it was going on all around us.

1 member likes this post: stealth43k
6/12/17, 8:39 PM   #57
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by trannyman View Post
On another note,posting rules about recording,etc.,won't work.There's a sign stating no taping down blankets to mark seats,yet it was going on all around us.
But it least if it's posted. Then there can be no complaint or argument when you get caught and are asked to leave. People still sneak alcohol in at tracks where they know they're not suppose to but you know full well what will happen if you get caught doing so and can't complain when you're asked to leave or to dump it/trash it.

1 member likes this post: stealth43k
6/12/17, 8:57 PM   #58
fish

"There were likely more free entry media/photographers present than paying race car owners and/or drivers."

RAK This is one of your old gripes. If you own a car, which one is it? Not to start a p-ing match, but I won't post any more 'free' photos.

1 member likes this post: koolaid89
6/12/17, 9:07 PM   #59
R A K

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish View Post
"There were likely more free entry media/photographers present than paying race car owners and/or drivers."

RAK This is one of your old gripes. If you own a car, which one is it? Not to start a p-ing match, but I won't post any more 'free' photos.
Now simmer down, Jim.
My reply was based on a paying patron using his smartphone to video some racing. My reference that you just referred to was pointing out that using the mentality of only certain individuals being permitted to accrue said footage, then, based on that mentality, every TRACK photographer is getting shafted by any OTHER photographer taking photos and selling them.
No pee pee match here; this is a public forum. Opinions should be encouraged.
Love your photos!

6/12/17, 9:25 PM   #60
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
My cooler was also checked at Lawrenceburg for Beer. It's posted at each gate and on the site under FAQ. But I was still allowed a cooler with water or pop. The Flask was in my pocket
We had to open the back seat. He checked behind our overnight bags in the backseat and even checked a plastic grocery bag that had 2 warm water bottles in it and checked the trunk. I am not complaining and even told him thanks when he was done. I figured they have their reasons for it, and they are doing what is best for their business. You know an excise cop seeing you with a flask inside could fine the track and jeopardize their permit. If I am at any track and want a drink that I can't take inside, I simply walk to my vehicle and have one. Of the 167 tracks that I have been to I have yet to have one be too far of a walk that it would kill me. In fact it might help me live a little longer.
With all that being said, instead of dwelling on the negative, my only post was that is was a really good midget race. After all that is what I was there for. That is all I really care about. Good safe racing and no one getting hurt.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo