IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Big Wingless Sprint Shows?
2/11/17, 2:44 PM   #1
Big Wingless Sprint Shows?
SRT93

I'm new to the wingless side of the sport. Growing up in western Pennsylvania area we don't get very many opportunities to see wingless sprints. Now with the announcement of the RUSH 602 Wingless series to debut in 2018, I am looking at building a car.

Before I do so I would like to hit a few bigger wingless shows and talk to some guys about some tips for making the transition from winged micro sprints to a wingless sprint.

Thanks

1 member likes this post: Stephen Cording
2/11/17, 3:00 PM   #2
Re: Big Wingless Sprint Shows?
trecraft

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Well, if you have the opportunity, catch the USAC shows at Bubba in Florida this month. If not, check out the USAC sprint car schedule and put Kokomo on the top of your list. If not, catch the Eastern Storm when they go to Pennsylvania. If not, fly out to Perris, California for some wingless action. By then you will know if this is something you want to do and you will have had the opportunity to talk with the best.

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, speed bump
2/11/17, 4:53 PM   #3
DHayes818

Or, if you don't own a gold mine, drive to Lawrenceburg on April 1st.

2/11/17, 5:54 PM   #4
ChanceDHolley

Race Count This Year: 31
Race Count Last Year: 35

Buy a pit pass to a BOSS show and show up before hot laps. There are several guys that run the whole series who I know would be happy to talk your ear off, and you won't have to travel outside of Western PA to do it.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, fish, nathans1012
2/11/17, 5:54 PM   #5
BrentTFunk

The Smackdown at Kokomo in August is one of the best for the money $80 for 3 nights includes reserved seat and a pit pass. Plus a free sprint only show on Wednesday. Saturday pays $10,000 to win and $1000 to start.

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, mc/rider
2/11/17, 6:59 PM   #6
awc#2

You don't have to wait for "Big" shows, the weekly shows at any local track are great and sprint car racing must be were Hoosier hospitality came from. The Big shows are an added bonus.

4 members like this post: DHayes818, fish, i love dirt track racing, mc/rider
2/11/17, 9:16 PM   #7
sp6967

the big non wing show is pavement and is called the little 500.

1 member likes this post: Tony74
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Big Wingless Sprint Shows?