IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indiana sprint scene 2017
1/9/17, 8:42 PM   #11
Go Fast

Race Count This Year: 3

Not really. His stuff, their sponsor.

I never had a bad day, just some more challenging than others!

3 members like this post: GYATK94, motorhead748, tirespinner
1/9/17, 8:43 PM   #12
Re: Indiana sprint scene 2017
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GYATK94 View Post
Hoffman 69? Isn't that Boesflug's ride for the USAC tour this year?
It's the same Team and Chad had last year, EZR With a added car owner *Hoffman* and sponsorship.
The only race planned out of HAR is the Little 500 for now

3 members like this post: GYATK94, jim goerge, Simon_says17
1/9/17, 9:09 PM   #13
GYATK94

Race Count This Year: 36
Race Count Last Year: 34

Go fast and Charles, thanks for the info. I didn't realize Chad was using the same stuff as last year.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, Simon_says17
1/9/17, 10:03 PM   #14
Charles Nungester

I've been told by several that tire rules are part of the reason. Especially those with Other Brand Sponsorship's.
Not that most things on these cars would drive a average working family broke in about a month.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, motorhead748
1/10/17, 8:30 PM   #15
Go Fast

Race Count This Year: 3

Most expensive parts on a race car are the tires and the driver. Both will put you in the poor house.

I never had a bad day, just some more challenging than others!

1/11/17, 3:36 AM   #16
Bad Dad 54

Last I heard T Mez was going to PRI try & put own ride together

1/11/17, 4:40 AM   #17
flagboy55

So,we ***** about drivers having to pay to get an Indy car ride, and now we ***** about sprint car driver's getting paid! Can someone please help me understand this? We want to say our racing is the best on the planet, but you can't make a living doing it? No wonder guys are going to the wings!

1/11/17, 9:07 AM   #18
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
So,we ***** about drivers having to pay to get an Indy car ride, and now we ***** about sprint car driver's getting paid! Can someone please help me understand this? We want to say our racing is the best on the planet, but you can't make a living doing it? No wonder guys are going to the wings!
I don't think what Ooley said is wrong and he would know about anything to do with this sport.
Motors barring catastrophic damage are refresh-able multiple times, Those like Chassis are a investment, Granted they will never pay for themselves, But a couple USAC or bigger show wins could pay the refreshes. Tires, You could go through 1500 a night in tires easy on some tracks, Even cut that in half and put it on a 45 race season, 34k. Allowing teams to choose their own brand, hardness etc would and can help to reduce that significantly both in initial tire cost and being able to reuse most of them. sometimes several times. This has changed significantly. I remember Sprint Racing where guys would get half a season on a tire.

As for driver being a factor in cost. Well they take half the returns, Even if the owner paid for the whole team to get in etc. Of course they should be paid, It's their life on the line. But its a huge factor in the cost of racing. Your driver also has a ton to do with the cars running cost. Does he junk a chassis every couple weeks? Does he burn the tires off down slick straights and also over rev the motor?

Granted everyone has a learning curve, some never get it, and some are just plain standouts and wear and replacing stuff is at a minimum while still finishing up front.

Not knocking anyone, Just plain facts The $$$ on these cars has become almost unfathomable for a sport where a few guys or a family used to say, Lets put a car together and be able to race it a full season without breaking the bank. The bank can get broken in just a few races anymore.

1/11/17, 9:34 AM   #19
Charles Nungester

Back Semi on topic.

Moffatt adding dirt Champ Car.
Big announcement!
E3 spark plugs will be the primary sponsor on the Number 32 Williams and Wright Racing USAC Silver Crown entry driven by Joss Moffatt during the 2017 Season. E3 Spark Plugs has become one of the leaders in the industry providing exceptional performance for racers and Street enthusiasts alike with their unique electrode design. Starting in 2017 E3 Spark Plugs has introduced a complete line of ignition components including Diamond Fire Racing distributors, ignition wires, 6CDI ignition box and high output coils. I am very proud to represent E3 spark plugs because I have been using their products for many years with great success and have full confidence in the quality. In addition to the sponsorship that will help fund our Racing team in 2017, E3 Spark Plugs has agreed to set our engine shop up as a warehouse distributor allowing us to sell the complete line of E3 products. What that means is racers and fans can now purchase E3 spark plugs and ignition components direct from Williams precision engines at a substantial savings in costs. We will be launching a e-commerce website in the near future to make ordering products easier. Meanwhile feel free to call or email the engine shop to make all your E3 purchases!
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 1/12/17 at 1:37 PM.

2 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, Josh Spencer
1/11/17, 10:08 AM   #20
the1jet17

Race Count This Year: 5
Race Count Last Year: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I've been told by several that tire rules are part of the reason. Especially those with Other Brand Sponsorship's.
Not that most things on these cars would drive a average working family broke in about a month.
American racer tire list price is easily $40 cheaper per tire. I don't get free tires. I'm going to spend my money where I get the best bang for my buck. Just saying.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, speed bump, SprintManDave
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indiana sprint scene 2017