IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thoughts on $225M lawsuite against NASCAR
6/11/08, 9:55 AM   #1
Thoughts on $225M lawsuite against NASCAR
HOT227

Just curious what everyone's thoughts are on this? In my opinion, it was only a matter of time before something like this happened. The "drive for diversity" is certainly a great concept but it certainly has opened a can of worms in regards to lawsuits such as this. Whether it's all true, partially true or not even close to the truth you can guarantee it won't be the last time it happens because like it or not racing is a "good ol' boy" culture that does not fit the mold of how things work in "corporate America" which is exactly where NASCAR has positioned itself with their tremendous growth over the past few years. Should be interesting to see how it all unfolds...

http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/head...uit/index.html

6/11/08, 5:02 PM   #2
Re: Thoughts on $225M lawsuite against NASCAR
Dannypollock24

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 30 +

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOT227 View Post
Just curious what everyone's thoughts are on this? In my opinion, it was only a matter of time before something like this happened. The "drive for diversity" is certainly a great concept but it certainly has opened a can of worms in regards to lawsuits such as this. Whether it's all true, partially true or not even close to the truth you can guarantee it won't be the last time it happens because like it or not racing is a "good ol' boy" culture that does not fit the mold of how things work in "corporate America" which is exactly where NASCAR has positioned itself with their tremendous growth over the past few years. Should be interesting to see how it all unfolds...

http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/head...uit/index.html
I don't know about this one those are some serious accusations she is claming serious enough she should have responded in a lawsuit long before now. It almost sounds like a money making plot I hope thats not the deal. If its true than I hope she wins I just think why wait until now to do something about it if its true we will just have to wait and see.

thats my .02 cents worth anyways.

DP

www.dannypollock.com

6/11/08, 5:20 PM   #3
bullring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannypollock24 View Post
I don't know about this one those are some serious accusations she is claming serious enough she should have responded in a lawsuit long before now. It almost sounds like a money making plot I hope thats not the deal. If its true than I hope she wins I just think why wait until now to do something about it if its true we will just have to wait and see.

thats my .02 cents worth anyways.

DP

www.dannypollock.com
It seems to me like an awful lot of incidents to happen to one person. I also haven't heard of any recordings or other proof other than what the person who wants $225 million has alleged. My guess is she will receive a few million and disappear.

6/11/08, 5:52 PM   #4
turn4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullring View Post
My guess is she will receive a few million and disappear.
BINGO..........We have a winner!:applaud:

6/11/08, 6:06 PM   #5
Dannypollock24

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 30 +

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullring View Post
It seems to me like an awful lot of incidents to happen to one person. I also haven't heard of any recordings or other proof other than what the person who wants $225 million has alleged. My guess is she will receive a few million and disappear.
Guilty or not thats probably what will happen anyways a hush up payment to make it go away unfortunately.

I would rather them find out the truth and if she is telling the truth then she can get justified because its pretty bad deal for her if they get away with what she has claimed.

Then if NASCAR is guilty of letting this happen they should have to pay the price.

We will just have to wait and see.

DP

www.dannypollock.com

6/11/08, 7:13 PM   #6
racer-x

I wonder when we will here some info on this from the rev.Jesse Jackass And his buddy All Notsosharp? Maybe the democrat pick for president can shed some light on this. He seems to have the answers to all the other problems in this country!!!:thumbsdown:

6/11/08, 8:16 PM   #7
BrentTFunk

I would say it sounds believable to me . I have low expectations for an organization that cut its teeth waving the flag of the traitors, (confedrate flag) and were sponsored by the biggest drug dealers in America.(big time tobacco) OK klansmen unload on me.

6/11/08, 9:18 PM   #8
cecil98

I don't know if murder (or ****) is worth $225mil, let alone a few off color comments. GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!

6/11/08, 10:21 PM   #9
Wolfe-e

Funk, I;d say that was spoken like a guy who works at MayTag.... and, If-n I twas uall, I;d keep deem darr type of comments tu-s myself when I travels South... cause ya just might not make it back up north with that kinda attitude....... and deem derr Nascrap guys learned how to play hardball from the best.... As in Big Tobacco.... 2 points..... They Won;t Pay and She will Go Away..... Think of it like this... Ya didn;t hear much out of the X Miss's Gorden did ya and she had all the media in the world.... this Lady aint got squat and aint gonna get nutten........ And By the Way Funk..... When 1 man disagrees with and goes against his Flag, its an act of treason if he does something to overthrow that government....... When Millions do it with enough conviction to die for what they believe in....... Thats nothing to make light of, even now......

6/11/08, 11:38 PM   #10
Flatrightrear

I smoke and wish Houston Nutt all the success in the world with dem Ol' Mississippi Rebels. Go Johnny Reb!!
Tom

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thoughts on $225M lawsuite against NASCAR