IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Tickets now on sale for junior knepper 55 usac midget
11/28/16, 4:23 PM   #11
Re: Usac: Tickets now on sale for junior knepper 55 usac mid
ISF

Let me preface my statement by saying that the next dirt track I prep will be the first so I know nothing about the subject except what I watched and experienced in years past.

That having been said, the best midget racing I've ever witnessed at the Southern Illinois Center has been when the track work was done in such a way that the very bottom lane on both ends of the racetrack were not farmed. The rest of the track surface was churned with the pto driven tillage machines, watered and run in.

It seemed that the racetrack widened out almost immediately and the racing was superb almost from the first lap following the rework. This may well have been a welcome coincidence for all I know but it seemed to work every time we saw it done in that manner. Again, this was done when POWRi was the sanction.

11/28/16, 6:22 PM   #12
BrentTFunk

Can't wait. Thanks to the Knepper family and USAC for saving these races

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, mc/rider
11/28/16, 10:04 PM   #13
ISF

Hot laps are set to begin at 4:00 PM as per this link on the USAC website: http://usacracing.com/news/midget/it...ce-in-du-quoin

I could find no other scheduling information.

11/28/16, 10:08 PM   #14
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
There was a poster displayed earlier on here that showed starting times, etc. Can someone show the link for that? Thanks!
Guess I need to read all the way to the bottom. It does state hot laps starting time in this thread, so that will suffice. There was another poster that showed more details.

11/28/16, 11:47 PM   #15
knepp55

General Admission 1 PM
Hot Laps 4 PM
Racing 5PM

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, ISF, ronmil
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Tickets now on sale for junior knepper 55 usac midget