IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mounting Nickel Bros PS Pump?
11/11/16, 11:45 PM   #1
Mounting Nickel Bros PS Pump?
JoriHughes

Race Count This Year: 12
Race Count Last Year: 35

I have a Nickel Brothers Power Steering Pump and the "V" type mount that they are on. I have been using it the past 2 seasons on an older Twister Sprint Car chassis but I have an 08' Maxim that I am putting together now and the cockpit bars are a little different. I didn't have to modify anything for it to bolt up on the Twister but with the Maxim the cross bar on top of the motor plate has the upper motor mount bolts that run through it. If I mount it through that bar the Pump is way too far away from the motorplate. I have attached a photo so you can see what I'm talking about but I was wondering if there was an easy fix for mounting my NB Pump to the motor plate (possibly removing the "V" mount) or if I am better off just getting a newer style Pump and bolting that on? Just curious if any of you have run into the same problem. Thanks.
Attached Images
IMG_3939.jpg (509.9 KB, 107 views)

11/12/16, 1:42 AM   #2
motorhead748

Many years ago when I had the same exact problem I made a different mounting plate for the pump.

11/12/16, 10:38 AM   #3
badcoupe

A Z bend in the mounting bracket would get you there I believe. It wouldn't take much it doesn't look like.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mounting Nickel Bros PS Pump?