IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Leffler Memorial
10/25/16, 7:56 PM   #11
flagboy55

Just watched the video highlights today, and while the track appeared to have plenty of texture, I've seen worse. And I'm not judging anyone's opinion, we all have our own perception and expectations. I will say this however, you want to see a track that may have been worse take a look at the highlights from atomic ASCOC finale this past weekend. Track was so tough it was turning wing cars over. Both the same thing though, they dealt with a bunch of rain and persevered to get the race in. Hard to blame someone for that

2 members like this post: jim goerge, Rpracing1
10/25/16, 8:03 PM   #12
Re: Leffler Memorial

Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 24

Track conditions, parking. tough crowd. Anything else? How bout why didn't they ask me if I could make the rain date before they picked it.
Just kidding of course. I will put down a vacation day again next year and bring my $2 donation to watch this great event.

10/25/16, 8:03 PM   #13
flagboy55

Another thing I will add is that I agree all additional charges were parking etc should be advertised if you have 4 people in your car that's 50 cents a piece, I'll take that any day. Went to the Blackhawks vs my beloved red wings preseason game and it was 28 to park if you paid with plastic

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jdull99, jim goerge, Rpracing1
10/26/16, 7:44 PM   #14
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Points View Post
Track conditions, parking. tough crowd. Anything else? How bout why didn't they ask me if I could make the rain date before they picked it.
Just kidding of course. I will put down a vacation day again next year and bring my $2 donation to watch this great event.
Very well said, and we'll do the same, bargain of the year, and for who, Charlie.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jim goerge, luckybuc97, mlamb, Rpracing1, wildman92
10/27/16, 2:22 AM   #15
bmemmer

Some people are just amazing. I bet if there was 3 hot blondes butt naked sitting right in front of some people on here you guys would find something to complain about.

10/27/16, 7:23 AM   #16
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmemmer View Post
Some people are just amazing. I bet if there was 3 hot blondes butt naked sitting right in front of some people on here you guys would find something to complain about.
The beer wasnt cold

5 members like this post: bmemmer, jim goerge, luckybuc97, racenut69, Rpracing1
10/27/16, 2:51 PM   #17
farriswheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmemmer View Post
I'm more into brunettes...

10/27/16, 8:04 PM   #18
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

We were glad to hear that Great Clips & Doug Stringer are going to sponsor this event for years to come, and we will show our support by attending.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
Last edited by Dirtfan; 10/27/16 at 8:07 PM.

10/28/16, 4:59 PM   #19
dwvet@att.net

OK everyone I got it. Like I started in my very first note "Is it only me". Per all your comments I'm that no good son off a ***** that can't ever be happy. I'm cool with that folks. You are all welcome to search my history on this board. I am not that person that gets on here to complain about stuff. If you go back and read my first post I gave more complements than I did complaint.
That's all ok. Now that time has passed and I've talked to other fans & participants I've found out that "I'm Not The Only One". The best comment I heard came to me as a personal message on this board. "You are spot on with your comments". The same person ( that I have never meet or have any idea who is) informed me that this is what this board has turned into and why there are less people sharing there comments. With all I've heard now " I'm Not The Only One" and I'll continue support open wheel dirt track racing and any other Motorsport event that I feel to choose. I can't be more happy that this event will continue, like I & someone else said. This event is for a great cause ( bottom line Charlie )and needs to continue. If Aloud, I could possibly attend this event again next year. One thing is for sure, I learnt my lesson & will not post my thoughts on this board again. Hell, if I want to get beat down from some smart ass I can do that myself ( you just can't please some people ) probably better than any of you folks.

Oh, as I said before. As long as you people were happy with the "competition" at this event, you will never see a bad race! That is a compliment!

10/28/16, 5:17 PM   #20
racenut69

Well said!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrtracing View Post
I don't post much but I do go to quite a few races. I thought now might be a good time to give my opinion on the Leffler Memorial race. Remember it is just my opinion and I am not discounting what someone else might think. I thought that after the tremendous amount of rain they did an excellent job of getting the whole facility ready for the night's event. I was talking to a couple of the photographer's before the race and they thought there were probably going to be some holes & ruts in the corners because of all the rain. I immediately said "great"! They looked at me kind of funny and I explained that I like a race track that has some character and requires thought & skill which Brady Bacon showed plenty of. Some of my favorite tracks are Belle-Clair, Jacksonville and Macon. I love these tracks because they are never exactly the same from race to race. I thought it was pretty darn good racing for a little bull ring. Had Larson & Pittman been there and Daum and Stenhouse not had trouble it would have been even better but that is racing. I love racing because you can't write a script for it. But the best part of the evening for me was sitting up in the stands and watching USAC & POWRi put their differences aside for an evening and co-sanction a race and do a tremendous job. I don't want to show favoritism to either side but as soon as there was a problem on the race track one of the pit vehicles was there and they were either restarted, pushed to the infield, pits or pushed to the work area very, very quickly. They had all of the right pit vehicles out there and it was quite evident as there were lots of yellow flags and a few red flags as well and they kept the show rolling. In closing I would like to thank Doug Stringer, Great Clips, the USAC staff led by Levi Jones and the POWRi staff led by Kenny Brown for a great evening of racing!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Leffler Memorial