IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora & Usac
9/22/16, 11:38 AM   #51
Re: Eldora & Usac
duel

I'm thinking the early hot laps and quals should give ample time to work the track for the 8pm start of racing Saturday. I would like to find a schedule for Saturday's event beyond 8pm.

1 member likes this post: rimrider69
9/22/16, 12:04 PM   #52
flagboy55

Your probably right 94 but I just can't fathom the inflexibility of some on the opposite sides. We frequently get folks on here lamenting the state of the sport as if it's floundering. Well if they truly are worried about it they should embrace crossover as it will only help make more fans.
Another thing is undeniable, the top less crowd is longer of tooth than the wingers, and you would think they would like the fact that USAC might be getting a little more exposure to potentially younger fans. I'm 53 so I might be looking for a cane sometimes soon. But if I ever get that jaded as to not appreciate both 94, you set your beer down, grab that cane and smack me with it, cause I am certainly in need of an attitude adjustment

4 members like this post: B-square, erich45, motorhead748, racenut69
9/22/16, 12:21 PM   #53
miledirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Your probably right 94 but I just can't fathom the inflexibility of some on the opposite sides. We frequently get folks on here lamenting the state of the sport as if it's floundering. Well if they truly are worried about it they should embrace crossover as it will only help make more fans.
Another thing is undeniable, the top less crowd is longer of tooth than the wingers, and you would think they would like the fact that USAC might be getting a little more exposure to potentially younger fans. I'm 53 so I might be looking for a cane sometimes soon. But if I ever get that jaded as to not appreciate both 94, you set your beer down, grab that cane and smack me with it, cause I am certainly in need of an attitude adjustment
Flag's point about exposure of non wing to the wing crowd is a good one

2 members like this post: B-square, motorhead748
9/22/16, 12:29 PM   #54
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by duel View Post
I'm thinking the early hot laps and quals should give ample time to work the track for the 8pm start of racing Saturday. I would like to find a schedule for Saturday's event beyond 8pm.
They've almost always ran it, Migets, Sprints, Champ. I think they'll squeeze the All Stars between NW Sprints and Champ. I could be wrong but it ran according to feature lengths. 20lap midget, 30 sprint 50 Champ.

We'll see.

2 members like this post: duel, motorhead748
9/22/16, 3:26 PM   #55
Rob11

I will likely get crucified for saying this, but I miss the days of the late models being the 4th class. They are what I grew up on, and are my second favorite form of dirt racing. Wings are cool, but down around number 5 of my list of racing favorites. I also used to be the guy that had a "Dirts for Racin', Asphalts For Gettin' There" bumper sticker. I no longer feel that way, so maybe some day the wings will grow on me. :>)

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, racenut69
9/22/16, 4:05 PM   #56
LTFD32

I would rather see winged sprints than modifieds

3 members like this post: dirt330, fish, interpreter66
9/22/16, 4:21 PM   #57
david mitchell
Banned

I just saw on Eldora's website that the four classes of cars running on Saturday nite are Hornets, Bandoleros, six cylinders , and Legend cars. Scott Bloomquist is going for the 100,000 bonus. He has four cars ready.All of them painted like his late model.His suspension is over.His hauler was seen in North Star.

9/22/16, 4:57 PM   #58
i love dirt track racing

It has been a tough year on the racing schedules this year. We have lost a lot of great racing drivers that makes this sport that happens. Weather is supposed to be great for the weekend and go enjoy the benefits that the drivers and car's owners provide for us racing families. Have fun and enjoy all the great racing events this weekend. Thanks.

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, jim goerge, PIT CART, racenut69, tubemaster
9/22/16, 5:40 PM   #59
Eric Smith

I'm not too excited about the support class Friday night, but at least the stock cars give you a chance to go to the bathroom. Most of the time, people cringe at 3 support classes. But when the support classes are non-wing sprints, midgets, and the crown cars, I'm sure no one will be upset.

1 member likes this post: motorhead748
9/22/16, 5:42 PM   #60
Sprintcarfanatic

OMG Now ya all see where I coming from. They lost dates for Monster Trucks & Tractor Pulls & I said something about that & I'm a Blasphemer. They actually have MORE Sprints on the card & some act like it's the end of the world, OHHHHHhhhhhh the humanity. Going to try & make both nights since I haven't been anywhere because of the weather. I also didn't like the change of a lot of things there & it looks like some others don't care for change either. Just took them longer or something as near & dear as the 4 Crown. anyways go & enjoy the season is about over.

1 member likes this post: racenut69
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora & Usac