IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Stadium seats
9/18/16, 5:21 PM   #11
Ch138

I've shown up at the track to mark my seats early to only come back and the spot in front of me has them so I had no room and they didn't care at all. So now I just mark off 2 rows so I know I have room BUT I always give the seats in front of me away when I see they don't have those chairs I tell them spots open .

6 members like this post: addictedtodirt, bigq11, jim goerge, mowerman, ronmil, Scooter
9/18/16, 5:59 PM   #12
Eatin Dirt

On a different note if we are looking for issues, how about you are a nonsmoker and people right in front of you chain smoke all night. That's enjoyable.

9/18/16, 7:58 PM   #13
motorhead748

I believe Attica bans the use of stadium seats on their bigger shows.

9/18/16, 9:35 PM   #14
Re: Stadium seats
ThePurple73

Most race track operators would probably love it if this was an issue, which would mean huge crowds.

99.99997% of the races I go to this is nowhere close to an issue. Coolers are just as much in the way as stadium seats probably more.

Some tracks we go to with the "pre-race" seating, people stack coolers and stadium seats and blankets at the end of the rows and you have to do acrobatics to get in the rows.

What annoys me is someone going in and out of the row 10 times a night, carrying 6 beers, and spilling beer all over.

5 members like this post: Eatin Dirt, PJ Wright, racenut69, ronmil, ryan84
9/18/16, 9:41 PM   #15
ThePurple73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
No issues here with stadium seats. What nuts me up though is the ones who drag in these big pleasure boat seats that are about 6" thick. Then you have the characters that haul in webbed lawn chairs and they somehow manage to get them to fit in a bleacher. SMH....

I have a lot bigger worries than stadium seats at a race track.....
I saw someone this year on a top row with one of those long web-made chaise lounge chairs. I hadn't seen one since about 1968. It was good for a laugh.

I'm sure everyone on here used to see someone or a couple guys trying to haul a large Styrofoam cooler filled with ice and beer up the steps in the stands at Indy, only to have the thing fall apart half way up.
Last edited by ThePurple73; 9/18/16 at 9:49 PM.

3 members like this post: racefan20, ronmil, Stevensville Mike
9/18/16, 9:48 PM   #16
Al Pierce

Race Count This Year: 49
Race Count Last Year: 43

Deleted by original poster
Last edited by Al Pierce; 9/18/16 at 10:00 PM.

9/18/16, 9:59 PM   #17
ThePurple73

I don't know how they do it but some of those Vapor things people smoke, put out a plume of smoke like a stack of old tires burning. I haven't figured that one out yet.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, ronmil
9/18/16, 10:40 PM   #18
captrat

It seems to me the real issue is the size of the seat and selfishness of those who bring in seats which grossly oversized. there are seats that are no wider than the bench itself and have a back which is perpendicular to the back edge of their seat. these are probably acceptable.

People just do not seem to realize they are members of a group and need to respect those around them. As an example at Smackdown this year I witnessed a couple come into the reserved seats put their oversized chair seats down and basically take all the leg room behind them. to their credit they did move when it was pointed out they did not have a reserved seat ticket!

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, gannyx4, jim goerge, oldfan49, ronmil
9/19/16, 12:04 AM   #19
gannyx4

I don't have a problem with the smaller ones as you pointed out it is the over sized ones that irritate me and a lot of other people those are the ones that need to be banned. Like coolers there should be a size limit.

9/19/16, 6:07 AM   #20
miledirt

If I'm going to a race and I know that there's going to be a good crowd, I won't bring it. If a lighter crowd, and I come a bit later where there are plenty of open seats with no one sitting in row behind me, I bring it and use it.

Talk about annoying, I had a guy in my lap at the chili bowl because of his stadium seat so I know what you guys are talking about. They should definitely be banned there

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, gannyx4
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Stadium seats