IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Badlands Speedway Gold Cup ?
8/19/16, 10:22 PM   #51
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachasin View Post
Badlands Motor Speedway Winged Sprint Cars A Feature Lineup: 1. Rico Abreu, 2. Craig Dollansky, 3. Mark Dobmeier, 4. Paul Nienhiser, 5. Paige Polyak, 6. Brady Bacon, 7. Bud Kaeding, 8. Jason Solwold, 9. Ian Madsen, 10. Aaron Reutzel, 11. Justin Henderson, 12. Thomas Kennedy, 13. Tim Kaeding, 14. Austin McCarl, 15. Dusty Zomer, 16. Jody Rosenboom, 17. Ryan Bickett, 18. Dylan Peterson, 19. Cody Hansen, 20. Joe Riedel, 21. Chuck McGillivray, 22. Dusty Ballenger, 23. John Lambertz, 24. Matt Juhl, 25. Rob Caho Jr. 26. Brant O'Banion

I guess these are the only real outlaws out there. Go get em Rico!

8/19/16, 10:45 PM   #52
Re: Badlands Speedway Gold Cup ?
Motormasher

I wish Badlands all the success in the world. I think this is one of the greatest ideas ever. Money IS there guys.... run what cha brung and shut the hell up.

8/19/16, 11:12 PM   #53
Rpracing1

410s A Feature (1-9) 1-C.Dollansky 2-B.Bacon 3-M.Dobmeier 4-I.Madsen 5-J.Henderson 6-P.Polyak 7-T.Kaeding 8-J.Solwold 9-R.Abreu
10-B.Kaeding 11-J.Rosenboom 12-A.McCarl 13-C.Hansen 14-R.Bickett 15-D.Zomer 16-J.Riedel 17-R.Caho Jr 18-D.Peterson 19-M.Juhl 20-D.Ballenger 21-P.Nienhiser 22-C.McGillivray 23-J.Lambertz 24-T.Kennedy 25-A.Reutzel
Last edited by Rpracing1; 8/19/16 at 11:27 PM.

8/20/16, 2:10 AM   #54
sapper211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
I guess these are the only real outlaws out there. Go get em Rico!
He was leading with 16 to go, yellow fell, and he flatted under the yellow. Restarted 21st and worked it back to 9th. He was looking awfully racy! Safe bet the winner of the $50,000 in wings is gonna have to go through him. Dollansky, Bacon and Dobmeier looked good too, but Rico looked to have them covered, tonight. Polyak was slugging it out up front with the leaders, too. These outlaws are all gonna make pretty good money, since the whole purse is being split over 25-26 cars, thus the $10,000 to win, $1000 to start in the qualifiers, I guess.

Last edited by sapper211; 8/20/16 at 9:51 AM.

3 members like this post: jim goerge, PIT CART, smith19
8/20/16, 7:39 AM   #55
Backitin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
Maybe I'm just dumb and naive, but I thought the whole point of the Outlaws was to allow drivers to come and go and go as they please, for instance the Buckeye OUTLAW Sprint Series says it plainly in their rule book.

"In the true “outlaw” fashion, any driver from any series is welcome to run with BOSS as long as they meet the requirements in the following rules. Conversely, BOSS will NOT penalize drivers for participating in other events."
Outlaws as used in woo means nothing at all.
Just a fancy name which doesn't match the drivers or race's at all.
Some of the most policed racing there is.
A true Outlaw series=no rules
I'll try to sugar coat this some, the woo

4 members like this post: captrat, duel, jim goerge, rachasin
8/20/16, 11:21 AM   #56
dsc1600

Lol, the most successful dirt track series in the country, by far. The Outlaws are a brand and they protect that brand with their rules.

The "true" outlaw concept is a nightmare for promoters because you don't know who is showing up. Why do you think the woo started all those many years ago?

8/20/16, 11:40 AM   #57
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
Lol, the most successful dirt track series in the country, by far. The Outlaws are a brand and they protect that brand with their rules.

The "true" outlaw concept is a nightmare for promoters because you don't know who is showing up. Why do you think the woo started all those many years ago?
BOSS is a "true" concept and they pull more cars on average than MSCS, USAC or any other non-wing series in the country. WoO you never know how many cars are going to show either. They may pull enough to run a C-Main or it could be like earlier this week where the Dash alone nearly constituted half of the field.

What I don't get is WoO regulars ran ASCoC events during Speedweeks and it's not an issue, they run Winter Heat at Cocopah and it's not an issue, yet they couldn't run Brandon last night when they themselves had no race? Why?

I realize they're a popular series and they do get fans in the stands although sometimes their races can be less than exciting. But I would think with nothing going on it can't hurt to let drivers go elsewhere. You don't see USAC getting bent out of shape when their drivers do other events on off nights.
Last edited by Nate; 8/20/16 at 11:51 AM.

2 members like this post: PJ Wright, wvwildthg
8/20/16, 12:36 PM   #58
i love dirt track racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
BOSS is a "true" concept and they pull more cars on average than MSCS, USAC or any other non-wing series in the country. WoO you never know how many cars are going to show either. They may pull enough to run a C-Main or it could be like earlier this week where the Dash alone nearly constituted half of the field.

What I don't get is WoO regulars ran ASCoC events during Speedweeks and it's not an issue, they run Winter Heat at Cocopah and it's not an issue, yet they couldn't run Brandon last night when they themselves had no race? Why?

I realize they're a popular series and they do get fans in the stands although sometimes their races can be less than exciting. But I would think with nothing going on it can't hurt to let drivers go elsewhere. You don't see USAC getting bent out of shape when their drivers do other events on off nights.
Usac use to not liking the drivers running for points to drive the same car at other events. Seen several times that some drivers would just put a letter behind the number. Seen Robert Ballou put a ? On the tail of the car. Bacon running tonight in the # 69 Hoffman car with a # 99 . Lol.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, rachasin
8/20/16, 12:46 PM   #59
Sandy Lowe

I think Brady is in his own car tonight, not a Hoffman car.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, RynoK1999
8/20/16, 1:06 PM   #60
i love dirt track racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Lowe View Post
I think Brady is in his own car tonight, not a Hoffman car.
I knew that he ran his own wing car last night. I had heard that he was in the Hoffman non wing racing car tonight. Thanks.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Badlands Speedway Gold Cup ?