IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thank you fans at Kokomo
8/8/16, 2:31 PM   #1
Thank you fans at Kokomo
Jerry Spencer

We wanted to say a special thank you to all the fans at Kokomo Speedway, last night Josh gave about twenty five kids size tee shirts away (size 6-8 / 10-12) and twenty five flags the response from the parents/fans was amazing. On a night that we wanted to crawl in a hole and be as far away from reality as possible the love of the fans again pulled us through. The look on the children/future of this sport is amazing and we can not express the love we have for you all.

To the fans that still come and watch Josh and have not given up on him we thank you, bring a kid to the track next time so we can grow this deal way beyond our life.

If you have a little one and did not get the new Josh Spencer tee shirt stop by the trailer and get one.

Love you all, be safe

Jerry #66j

8/8/16, 2:43 PM   #2
Re: Thank you fans at Kokomo
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Jerry you don't always need to be the fastest to be great. Heart and soul go a long way in that category!

8/8/16, 4:49 PM   #3
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 26
Race Count Last Year: 85

Jerry,

Thank you to Jerry, Josh and the entire Spencer racing team for making the night special for some youngsters last night. Some of them may not have understood our sadness and loss on this evening but in a very sad time you put some smiles on some young one's faces and some older ones too (like my wife and I) with your act of kindness. The little boy behind us in the grandstand who walked down the aisle to meet Josh and get a t-shirt had a smile from ear to ear which nothing could have wiped off his face the rest of the evening. I bet he wore that t-shirt to bed last night too!! Thanks for all your team does for the young fans and future of our sport and to us you are big winners in the sport regardless of how many checker flags you may receive!! God Bless.

Bruce and Pat Eckel

8/8/16, 10:08 PM   #4
FALCONEDDIE

The whole Spencer family, friends and sponsors are great ambassadors of the sport! They are always ready to help anyone out so this act of kindness at this grieving time comes as no surprise. Didn't get to see any races at Kokomo last year but did get to have dinner with Jerry and his wife at the Half Moon one evening. Looking forward to the Smackdown - got my tickets and hope to go to the Half Moon for the great bbq! Will see you in a couple of weeks Jerry & Josh.
Eddie Robbins

8/9/16, 9:55 PM   #5
Mrs G
Administrator

Jerry, I would like to share how your family has personally touched mine. First of all, Bill had nothing but great things to say about you, your character and your family!

One night at LPS, my nephew had the opportunity to ride around on the golf cart with Uncle Bill. He did this a handful of times, and as you can imagine, was the highlight of his trips. Bill decided to stop by your trailer and do what he did best, talk! During the visit, you were so kind to give my nephew a free shirt. He was so excited and talked about it for days after. He wore it so often and to the point that it no longer fit. He was devastated when his Mom would no longer allow him to wear it. It is now displayed in his room as a souvenir. I'm trying to carry on what Uncle Bill started and taking him to as many races and tracks as I can. The plan is that he will be making his first trip to Kokomo during Smackdown, and we hope to see you there!

Mrs G

8/11/16, 12:13 PM   #6
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs G View Post
Jerry, I would like to share how your family has personally touched mine. First of all, Bill had nothing but great things to say about you, your character and your family!

One night at LPS, my nephew had the opportunity to ride around on the golf cart with Uncle Bill. He did this a handful of times, and as you can imagine, was the highlight of his trips. Bill decided to stop by your trailer and do what he did best, talk! During the visit, you were so kind to give my nephew a free shirt. He was so excited and talked about it for days after. He wore it so often and to the point that it no longer fit. He was devastated when his Mom would no longer allow him to wear it. It is now displayed in his room as a souvenir. I'm trying to carry on what Uncle Bill started and taking him to as many races and tracks as I can. The plan is that he will be making his first trip to Kokomo during Smackdown, and we hope to see you there!

Mrs G
Thank you for the kind words, I wish I had known he wore it out as I would have got him a new one anyway I am gettng ready to ship the shirts to you can I give him a new 2016 ? I need to lnow what size and I will include it.

Jerry #66j

6 members like this post: davidm, Mrs G, rapid robert, speed bump, tdt636, WinglessLovers
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thank you fans at Kokomo