IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BOSS at PRP
7/23/16, 8:01 PM   #1
BOSS at PRP
Newport13

Race Count This Year: 2

25 cars signed in at Portsmouth Raceway Park.

2 members like this post: Pat O'Connor Fan, pushinthecushin
7/23/16, 11:31 PM   #2
R A K

Feature finish:
Attached Images
image.jpg (88.8 KB, 150 views)

1 member likes this post: pushinthecushin
7/24/16, 2:12 AM   #3
Re: BOSS at PRP
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

That was a bad ass show at a bad ass track, Westerfeld had em covered and probably lapped up to tenth, However second place was contested by three cars the whole race with Smith pulling it out over Fischesser and Clouse who was on the wall and Super Balls Kody Swanson came from the tail to sixth in about ten laps and battled Cody Gardner for fifth for the last fifteen laps eventually securing the fifth spot in final lap or two.

The late model race was very good as well, With Jackie Boggs grabbing the lead early and sixth starting 74 year old Delmos Conley ran him down and passed him after Boggs got into lapped traffic. Once Boggs Cleared, It was Conley high and Boggs low running side by side for a couple laps then a broke car tried to exit the track off turn three and Conley hit him at probably a 90mph differential right up the tail. Everyone was ok and Conleys car was even pushed to the pits but the car that was rearended was almost pushed to the drivers seat. How the fuel cell held and drivers ok, I'll never know. Eddie Carrier Jr and Audie Swartz were also there.

25 sprints, 19 lm's 34 Mods and 15 Bombers, Track had no rubber at the end of the night at was raceable top to bottom.

Found a shortcut leaving the track that put me on 73 north right out of the track and probably saved me 35 miles and easily a half hour, Home in two hours flat.

For a miserably hot day, The racing sure was great The track is almost Eldora Size but without the dust and no haulers in the infield, and the racing was awesome. If they have NW sprints, I'll be back!

Thanks Aaron for having NW sprints back for the first time in 20 years. The last time I was there was in 91 or 92 when the All stars ran a race on the old one third mile flat track. This track is totally different. and I'll count it as a new one to me.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 7/24/16 at 2:17 AM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BOSS at PRP