IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > National 410 Driver Rankings
6/5/08, 12:16 AM   #1
National 410 Driver Rankings
cmp

Courtesy of Eric Barnhill. Go to:
http://cmpvideo2go.com/National410Rankings.html

6/5/08, 5:56 AM   #2
Re: National 410 Driver Rankings
Al Pierce

Race Count This Year: 49
Race Count Last Year: 43

That's a joke, right?:rolling

6/5/08, 6:08 AM   #3
Jerry Shaw

You must get 50 bonus points for having a wing on your sprinter.:rolling

Jerry

Winston Churchill

6/5/08, 6:53 AM   #4
arctic monkey21

Not sure how Rahmer has so many points for mostly staying on the porch while Meyers has just as many wins and most of them are with the World of Outlaws. I'm sorry you can't tell me the posse is better than beating Shatz, Saldana and Kinser. Cause last I checked Shatz owned the posse last year at Williams Grove.

6/5/08, 11:05 AM   #5
petey

Eric Barnhill first posted this over at brand-x earlier this year. His system goes by how many wins you have and how many races you've run. I think there are other breakdowns like the car count at a race as well. Apparently wins on the WoO, All-Star's, USAC and in Pa. get you more points than the weekly races in Indiana.

6/5/08, 11:21 AM   #6
mortboyz

Can't be too serious, I didn't see Chuck Amati on the list.

6/5/08, 11:33 AM   #7
arctic monkey21

I think number of events is a bad thing to have in the calculation. I think that a UMP like points is much better for comparing a group that doesn't run together. You take the best finishes of x number of races. Then you assign a point system for sanctioned races and for weekly shows based on car count. Takes out factors like more rain outs in one region and longer seasons. Plus the guy that can't race 3 times a weekend can be involved too.

6/5/08, 12:12 PM   #8
sprinter25

Eric's points are calculated based on the number of times a driver races and where he finishes in those races....

Since Rahmer runs in Central PA, which can run three nights a week, he's got the most points. Whether or not he has a wing....if you look at Eric's spreadsheet, he's also got an average points per race calculation on the right side, which gives, IMO, a little better picture of who's the best in his ranking...

6/5/08, 12:58 PM   #9
ebarnhill

Before my "joke" of a system gets put down any further, please let me explain a few things.

First, thanks Sprinter25, you are correct. My system is based off of nothing more than starts and finishes. There are no "multipliers" for car count, sanction, or "degree of difficulty". In my eyes, please remember, this comes from a guy who pretends to be a sometimes car owner, it was as hard to try to win Paragon two weeks ago as it was to try to win an All Star race this winter in Florida....trust me, I tried both, and failed miserably at both.

With that being said, Arin McIntosh received the same amount of points for winning last week as Donny Schatz did for winning at Eldora. Ironically, Danny Smith received the same number of points for winning at Moler against 13 other cars.

I have one spreadsheet, that contains two completely different Top 15 lists. The first is the points, that most apparently do not like. The second list is average points per start. I'm sure as Indiana fans, most of you will like the second list better, and in my eyes, it paints a more complete picture.

Finally, let me say this. I decided to keep track of all this nonsense this year as a way to stay attached to racing, since my budget doesn't allow me to attend many races anymore. Bruce from CMP Video enjoyed the information and asked it he could post it. There is absolutely no prizes or awards handed out at the end of year, so relax people...if you don't like how the points add up, use it for research only, or toilet paper or whatever. Believe it or not, you even have the option of not looking at it. I just thought calling it a joke was kinda harsh. It is ,afterall, it is nothing but facts...not my twisted attempt to please Rahmer. Hell, I don't even like the guy.

Eric Barnhill

6/5/08, 1:20 PM   #10
cmp

This is a time consuming endeaver by Mr Barnhill, and the way I present it, it dont do justice to the entire assembly of Number of Races complied, deduced without looking at the entire spreadsheet, which is simularular to the year ending compliation Spridge aeeembled, for which Im grateful for This Concept by Mr Barnhill. Traditional, or Wings, Each Form need each other, take away Wing Racing, There wouldnt be enough Market for manufatures. If Your Favorite Team isnt where You think it should be, You feel as if its skewed, just as with the Large contigent of 360 Racing in California, a 410 list isnt reflective of Raing in General, There would be more Golden State Drivers included. For every Ballou, Boespflug, Golobic & Sweet theres 10 More Coming, LOL.
Bruce

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > National 410 Driver Rankings