IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington Speedway updates.
6/4/16, 9:07 AM   #41
Re: Bloomington Speedway updates.
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn View Post
Sorry for the lack of detail. I'm using my phone and not my computer for the moment.
No problem... thanks again!

6/4/16, 9:31 AM   #42
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch138 View Post
Guess nobody says anything about how good the track was only want to complain when its bad! So I say thank you Bloomington speedway for a great night of racing!!
Thanks Bton track prep crew. 100% better than last week. Thumbs up !

6/4/16, 12:19 PM   #43
bart

Thanks for the updates!

Bart

6/4/16, 1:09 PM   #44
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

A great night of racing at Bloomington! Considering the number of cars, the track really held up. The extra laps by the Race Saver 305s to widen the groove apparently paid off. A lot of people were griping about the track last week and were ready to throw in the towel. Every track has an off night, Thursday at LPS is a good example, which definitely was not typical of other races I have witnessed there lately, but that doesn't mean we should get on here and trash the track. Bloomington is the only thing going in southern Indiana on Friday night and I would hate to see it go away. If you are a true race fan, you understand that every race is not going to be an epic event and you come back next week anticipating that possible instant classic. Those who gave up on Bloomington after last week missed one of the best battles I've seen lately in the midget feature between Dave Darland and Bryan Clauson. What a masterful drive by Dave, and it appeared the crowd really appreciated it.
Attending a race is not just about the on track product, visiting with old friends, and perhaps making some new ones is a part of it also. There are lots of other things I could choose to do on weekends, but visiting a dirt track auto race is my favorite activity and I would hope that activity remains available to me for sometime to come.

6/6/16, 9:54 PM   #45
gary curry

Just wanted to add my belated thanks for your good work. I made it back here to the east for a rare visit and still have this coming weekend to look forward to before returning back home. Thanks again.

6/7/16, 1:29 AM   #46
revjimk

I'm the first to admit I don't know jack about track prep, but this makes me curious: Everybody complained about track conditions at Lincoln Park, raved about them at Bloomington, but it seemed to me racing was as competitive or more so at Lincoln, especially in A-Main.
(Haven't checked results to prove it...) any comments?

6/7/16, 1:35 AM   #47
revjimk

Just checked, couldn't find starting positions on USAC website....

6/7/16, 5:26 AM   #48
DirtHawk92

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 8

Here's AMain results from Lincoln Park Speedway for 410 sprints... Also in midgets- Chad Boat came from CMain thru BMain to A...and finished 10th pretty sure he started way at back of pack...Hope this helps..
Attached Images
image.jpg (107.0 KB, 22 views)

2 members like this post: jim goerge, racegal
6/7/16, 3:23 PM   #49
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtHawk92 View Post
Here's AMain results from Lincoln Park Speedway for 410 sprints... Also in midgets- Chad Boat came from CMain thru BMain to A...and finished 10th pretty sure he started way at back of pack...Hope this helps..
Thanks. That tells me track wasn't so bad? looked like rubber down top & bottom to me (no middle) At least they had options for passing

1 member likes this post: DirtHawk92
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington Speedway updates.