IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BC @ Indy
5/22/16, 6:17 PM   #1
BC @ Indy
DHayes818

I'm sure that is a big paycheck for qualifying for the 500. But, is it possible to be successful in the race when he only drives the car one week a year?

5/22/16, 6:41 PM   #2
Re: BC @ Indy
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

If you qualify youve succeded

5/22/16, 7:09 PM   #3
Tumey's 55

The 500 is the pinnacle of open wheel racing in the US. Making the field is success, I'm sure completing 500 miles would be icing on the cake.

5/22/16, 7:25 PM   #4
dctracy79

Tell that to Vogler, Bettenhausen... Back in the day!!!

5/22/16, 7:38 PM   #5
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

BC to me is as competitive as Kinser, Vogler, Gaines etc in my mind as He's always coming and if he doesn't win, You worked your ass off to beat him. BC also finished top five at Daytona in a Xfinity car. Something that used to be common among top tier racers.

Yeah I bet it's hard to go out there and run 227 especially when 25 of them have been doing it for years and multiple races a year.

Let them come to BC's Playground, Doesn't matter, NW, Wing, Sprint, Midget, Champ, 600 If two of them could finish on the same lap in a 25 lapper, I'd be surprised.

Go BC! I sure wish they'd let you run more and get more feel in traffic both being passed and passing, But Congrats on being in the 100th Indy 500
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 5/22/16 at 7:40 PM.

5/22/16, 8:12 PM   #6
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHayes818 View Post
I'm sure that is a big paycheck for qualifying for the 500. But, is it possible to be successful in the race when he only drives the car one week a year?
It's possible. Townsend Bell is a good example. This is usually one of the only Indy races he runs, he's on the second row and has to be one of the favorites to win. Bryan Clauson could be like Townsend. The biggest thing he needs is LAPS. The more the better. I thought it was very cool what Eddie Cheever said during BC's qualification attempt. He talked about how he is already a big star at dirt tracks around the country and how he reminds him of Tony, when Tony first came to the track. He went on to say that the race would be a lot better off, if there were more guys like Bryan Clauson in the field.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 5/22/16 at 8:29 PM.

5/22/16, 8:38 PM   #7
DHayes818

I appreciate the legitimate answer! Didn't know that Townsend wasn't a full-timer.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, DirtHawk92, jim goerge, Puppy
5/22/16, 10:28 PM   #8
hb56

I don't think BC does anything for a participation ribbon. All good drivers are after the blue ribbon.

3 members like this post: duel, jim goerge, mc/rider
5/23/16, 2:42 AM   #9
Puppy

I wish BC could at least be running all of the oval races. He needs the seat time. That said, Townsend does a great job! C'mon sponsors, pony up!!!! Heck, send him to Skippy's and get him on the road courses too. Jeff and Tony became great road racers, BC could too!

4 members like this post: davidm, DHayes818, duel, rachasin
5/23/16, 7:58 AM   #10
Backitin

James Hinchcliffe,
Should be talked about also,
Near death to the pole. Talk about guts.
I don't like pavement races but have to say theres nothing in the world like the 500. The only thing I would change would be to hire more American drivers.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, davidm, duel, open_wheel_outlaw, racegal
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BC @ Indy