IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > anyone else remember?
5/12/16, 11:59 PM   #1
anyone else remember?
flagboy55

I was wondering after Plymouth speedway added modifieds to the show Friday, why would they do that. I'm thinking they ought to have at least 25 sprint cars and I would think close to that number of midgets. That number of cars would give us at least 6 heats, a couple last chance races and a 2 feature events, plenty of racing. Sometimes I think some of today's tracks think there's got to be something on the track at all times. I for one think a couple 15 or 20 minute intermissions, with a properly run show is a good thing. Gives teams a chance to prepare and the track a chance to do a little maintenance, and gives us fans a little BS time without the engines. I remember the time when I would go to a usac race and that was the only class running. Sometimes I miss that.

5/13/16, 1:24 AM   #2
DirtHawk92

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 8

Yep might give us fans a little time to walk off a case of that bleacher A$$... Or as I like to call it...numb bum!!! Unless of course your somewhere that U can use a lawn chair.. Also wondered Y there's no music while theres a lull in the show to kinda keep crowd havin a good time? Not real loud... Just background music..

3 members like this post: flagboy55, interpreter66, jim goerge
5/13/16, 3:33 AM   #3
Re: anyone else remember?
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

If i want to take a break, I usually do it during a sprint car or midget red flag....

The more racing for me, the better. I just love it all.

5/13/16, 7:45 AM   #4
scottyCbus

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 18

Your at a racetrack enjoy it every last single bit of it! Because most people don't get it or even know what they are missing out on! I totally agree with you Chris!

3 members like this post: dirt330, DirtHawk92, speed bump
5/13/16, 7:58 AM   #5
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I remember a midget week race about four or five years ago that instead of waiting five or ten minutes for the midget drivers who were also running sprints to get ready and push off. They ran the Mods in between.

It turned into a 50 minute crash fest and the sprint feature didn't hit the track till almost 11. OMG I thought there was going to be riots in the stands every yellow the mods had.

Im mixed. You got a regular show. three, four classes ok.
You got a showcase show with plenty of cars. TWO CLASSES MAX>

I also remember going to USAC shows and it being the only class on the ticket. Still is Sprint week at THAT! I'll be there!

3 members like this post: flagboy55, jim goerge, PIT CART
5/13/16, 8:06 AM   #6
mac miller

.. Its all about money.. The more cars they can cram into the pits, the more entry fees they collect... The more wives, buddies, kids, girlfriends, etc. they can get through the "back gate", the more pit pass money they collect. With a lot of income and very little prize money payout, I bet the tracks makes way more money from all of these junk stock classes than any open wheel classes.

mac miller in INDY

2 members like this post: jim goerge, PIT CART
5/13/16, 10:48 AM   #7
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

Junk?

Man you really don't have a clue

5 members like this post: cwfan08, Dblchkrs, interpreter66, scottyCbus, speed bump
5/13/16, 11:11 AM   #8
bullring fan

I wonder if some of these people even go to the races, or just like to sit in front of the computer screen and complain about things, stop complaining and enjoy life and what is around you, most of us on here are lucky enough to live within a few hours dive on maybe 5 to 10 tracks. who cares if you have to sit through a UMP mod race or a stock car race. Who knows one of those drivers might be the next USAC champion. Most of the people complaining about adding a class are the same ones who would complain if only 10 to 15 cars showed up to race.
sorry for the rant........

5/13/16, 11:31 AM   #9
cwfan08

Race Count This Year: 17

I wouldn't consider stock car classes junk. They all put money into these race cars and if they want to showcase a class then more power to them. I understand when I go to a race I like getting in and out at a decent time, but they are literally qualifying, running a bmain after the woo feature, and their feature after the midgets. There have been a few guys that have come out of the mod ranks such as Brady short, Jeff bland jr, and Bradley sterrett who have had "some" success in Sprint cars. The track may be trying to bring in some locals as well who may not attend open wheel shows. I hope you all have a good night at Plymouth.

Tk

3 members like this post: DirtHawk92, interpreter66, Nate
5/13/16, 11:37 AM   #10
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I don't know that Mods actually make the back gate any $$$. You gotta get down into your bomber and street stock, hornet and mini's to do that.

From what Ive seen the last few years, The mods who run up front have as much $$ in them than a decent weekly sprint car

5 members like this post: cwfan08, DirtHawk92, flagboy55, interpreter66, jim goerge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > anyone else remember?