http://www.powri.com/ClientFiles/Ima...t%20Payout.pdf

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

1 member likes this post: fish
4/11/16, 9:18 PM   #2
Shreffler21

3 members like this post: jdull99, Kellen Conover, tbaran11
4/11/16, 10:15 PM   #3
Daddyz

Yeah, thanks but no thanks... I realize we're not doing this for the money, but there's no way I can run for that kind of purse. Most weekly micro shows have a better payout.

5 members like this post: jdull99, Kellen Conover, micro23, rob, TheSheriff
4/12/16, 7:55 AM   #4
Re: POWRi D-2 purse posted
Backitin

High, low purse who knows.
We always looked at it that if we had to rely on purse money to afford to race, we couldnt afford to race.
It could be different where you are but our 600 purses are quite high, but so are the car counts.

1 member likes this post: xoxide
4/12/16, 8:51 AM   #5
greenupracing20

Is this the way the payout will be throughout the year?

4/12/16, 9:20 AM   #6
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenupracing20 View Post
Is this the way the payout will be throughout the year?
I have no idea...This was off the POWRi website download. It is up to each series to regulate their own purse stucture as far as I know...We (SSMS D-2 in the south) have a min. of $100.00 to start and 1 pit pass per car. Our to win varies but I make sure everyone from last to 1st get a fair shake and make sure it's not all on top.

Just posted this as many has been asking for the D-2 purse. So please don't shoot the messenger!!!

1 member likes this post: fish
4/12/16, 9:26 AM   #7
Daddyz

That's kind of the point... Affordability is relative. If the costs are close though, (and I think they are), why wouldn't I run micros? I can run with POWRi, plus run 10 good money shows for the same cost. And be certain I'm not going to show up for a car count of 12... Or less. I guess if the purse means nothing to you, and you can 'afford' to run without it, then that's fine. Between the negativity that engine rules are already receiving, and the lack of a purse decent enough to pull away some owners from other classes, D2 will not thrive. It may survive, but I don't think it will ever see the car counts that micros and even national midgets are getting. It was (and still is) a solid concept, but I think the pendulum has swung too far in the opposite direction from national midgets toward absolute affordability for all. It would have been an excellent platform for a ladder system: ->micros ->D2 -> national midgets or sprints.

1 member likes this post: jdull99
4/12/16, 9:28 AM   #8
DonMoore10

You've got to be kidding........ That's street stock money... :-(

6 members like this post: jdull99, Kellen Conover, kstudley57, Midget 89, MRAY3, TQ29m
4/12/16, 9:45 AM   #9
DAD

OK

I did not see based on 20+ car field, That would be a good thing at least you would know what the heck you are racing for.

When a Micro class shows up with 40+ cars per class and several classes they can afford to pay more just because of the back gate take. It is going to be hard for a D2 class to even make that 20 car field. That does not prevent them from putting on one heck of a show however. If they succeed in making a good show they just might entice a few more butts in the grand stand and then if the promoter is smart he will pass some of his profit down to the racers. That is how things are supposed to work.

One other thing that I have noticed about purses over the years is that they seem to decrease as you go west. It seems like the best state for purse was always Ohio, followed by Indiana, and for some reason Illinois was always lower, so perhaps this purse is very much in line with what it is supposed to be.

What always amazes me is success of the Micro's. They have developed into a neat little race car, much improved from the early spin every lap design of the past. But they are still just overpowered Go Karts to me. While the Mini Sprint or D2 Midget is a true race car. Johnny Murdock has been the true ambassador for D2 Midgets. If more guys were like Johnny and we could entice a few of these Micro Guys into giving a D2 a test race there would probably be a giant exodus from Micro to a real Midget race car. Especially when they found out difference in the cost of racing. (Just an Idea Johnny give a Micro Racer Discount)

Next Question>>> I was more interested in a pic of that winners trophy rather than the Money I would be racing for.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 4/12/16 at 10:05 AM.

4/12/16, 9:57 AM   #10
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

just throwing this out there off their website,,,,"The 2016 Point Fund is $7000.00 dollars and contingencies to be divided up among the Top 10"...that could help...

Speed 2 what is their payout?

1 member likes this post: DAD
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > POWRi D-2 purse posted