IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chili Bowl car vs. National series car
1/19/16, 2:59 PM   #11
Re: Chili Bowl car vs. National series car
wingless1

Mike Minarik out of the Denver suburbs had a hi-tech bicycle shop in Boulder Colorado build the entire frame out of Titanium. Mike designed it, he chose the bicycle shop because they specialized in hi-tech Ti bike frames. Minarik never ran the car, I believe he finished it as a roller then sold it to some other race team that put a engine in it, and re-sold it. Not sure of any details, Minarik is a buddy of mine, he's on Facebook.

1 member likes this post: KENDALLRACING
1/20/16, 10:45 AM   #12
Re: Chili Bowl car vs. National series car
teamfds

That car was built here in Colorado by Mike Minarik. The was an owner that had 3 cars but focused on Tulsa. His drivers included P.J. Jones, Chad Boat and others. Mike's cars were always some of the nicest around and always the cleanest most polished cars in the pits. I am the proud owner of one of these cars. The Ti car was built with all new parts and not one small detail was over looked. I know at the time I purchased my car the bill was over 80k on it and it wasn't even a roller yet.

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, KENDALLRACING
1/25/16, 10:25 PM   #13
Sawman

The Titanium car from Colorado was sold to a man in Houston who did run it at that chili bowl last year the front axle snapped on its first run , it was sold as a ready to run.

1/25/16, 10:26 PM   #14
Sawman

The same guy that bought the titanium car also bought the other car the gentleman from Colorado had for sale I believe it was yellow and a normal midget

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chili Bowl car vs. National series car