IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thoughts. Self-Starting Wingless 602 Sprints. Video.
1/23/16, 11:08 AM   #21
Re: Thoughts. Self-Starting Wingless 602 Sprints. Video.
2rock21

You can't cheat, that is great.
Last edited by 2rock21; 1/23/16 at 5:30 PM.

1/23/16, 12:46 PM   #22
the visitor

2rock21 ....If your not smart enough to find it yourself , don't think I'm going to tell you ..your the one with all the answers here so what about you ........too lazy to find it for yourself ????? more than likely......you have fun with your life , I'm sure you'll be wandering the streets wondering about this for the rest of your life if you depend on others to do your work for you ....Have fun .......

1/23/16, 1:01 PM   #23
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Knock it off, You can take the insults, name calling and created sensor bypasses elsewhere. Mrs. G don't need it.

6 members like this post: 2rock21, fish, Mrs G, oldfan49, The Old Coyote, xoxide
1/23/16, 4:55 PM   #24
2rock21

I just wanted to learn something.
Last edited by 2rock21; 1/23/16 at 5:26 PM.

1/23/16, 7:45 PM   #25
shelloil23

Out here in Northern California I run in what we call "Wingless Spec Sprints". It's a self starting 360 class. Not a crate motor but we have specific rules, with one track being different then everyone else. It's stated that the starters help speed up the show, but I believe the main reason was to help limit compression as starting a sprint car in gear takes some oomph. Don't start on your own, get pushed and start in the rear.
It's marketed as a "budget" class but still got guys with $15-20k motors.
Even running Calistoga a couple times a year now...

1/23/16, 10:14 PM   #26
the visitor

That's the reason for the crate motor , the motor is only 350 hp and they are sealed so you cant touch them . I also believe they have a rev limiter chip also .
The transmission is a modified transmission , as in north east modified style , it has 2 forward gears and an internal clutch so you can start in netural and then take off.
If I get what you are saying the 360's use a kinda bump start using the starter in gear .
The pictures on their site show this and they are very short , don't take up a lot of room .
The motors are inexpensive less than 3k I believe , have to use a certain header and carburetor ....

1/23/16, 11:38 PM   #27
griffithracing

Sprint cars are not an entry class.... They should not have entry class costs. They should be fast, they should cost a descent amount of money to run.
Sprints cars should not have crate motors.....

4 members like this post: 2rock21, motorhead748, sprintracer82, xoxide
1/24/16, 4:10 AM   #28
revjimk

I spend my summers in the Northeast, have been curious about these, would like to check them out some time. But it usually turns out that I only end up traveling for 410s....

1/24/16, 7:52 AM   #29
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffithracing View Post
Sprint cars are not an entry class.... They should not have entry class costs. They should be fast, they should cost a descent amount of money to run.
Sprints cars should not have crate motors.....
Exactly. To limit them makes them no more than a street stock without fenders or an e-mod.

1/24/16, 10:29 AM   #30
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter14 View Post
The beauty of non wing racing is that it is still pretty much that way. Run Whatcha Brung with the BOSS series and we have had features won by a 305 (Fremont) and a 360 (Mercer) and we don't even have that imaginary rule that SUPPOSEDLY limits cars to 410.

Engines aren't the problem in sprint car racing. The wings are.
Wings are not the problem....qualifying & large purses are what have raised the cost of sprints.
You have a good thing going with the BOSS series and I'll applaud all that you've done. Your series caters to the blue collar guy who wants to race and you reward them with purse that will at least pay expenses for the guy who doesn't win. But your purse is not so large to attract the better funded teams. Also you are smart to primarily run your races at tracks that either usually don't run non-wing or even run sprints at all. This gives your guys a heads up on the locals. Im not saying it's what to do because you have a good thing going but if started regularly paying $4-10,000 to win and $500 to start along with qualifications you will not see a 305/360 win a 410 race unless somebody gets very lucky.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thoughts. Self-Starting Wingless 602 Sprints. Video.