IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chili Bowl Pole Dash and Rules Update
12/16/15, 11:48 AM   #1
Chili Bowl Pole Dash and Rules Update
SWScaleChassis

http://www.chilibowl.com/news/?i=35099&clk=featureNews

In regards to the tanks, it states that tanks used in the last 5 years are acceptable, but the ones I've seen violate the "added downforce' rule. Curious how that is gonna pan out come inspection day. It also brings up the sheets of carbon that I've seen on the Swindell cars between the tanks and A-Frame behind the seat. I wonder how that plays into the Aero equation.

I like the pole shuffle input though. Should be fun to watch.

12/16/15, 1:03 PM   #2
Re: Chili Bowl Pole Dash and Rules Update
Manic Racing

They also threw a "reminder" in there about a Hoosier RR tire rule.

12/17/15, 2:09 AM   #3

Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 24

Just saw the tire rule was reversed back to open right rear. that new dash run off format does look interesting. Be fun to see a guy to take the pole coming from deep in the group.

12/17/15, 9:36 AM   #4
The Texan

I am still not sure why they chose to say the part about the last 5 years. I don't think that means they are grandfathered in and won't have to make changes. I believe they will have to modify their tanks to meet current rules.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chili Bowl Pole Dash and Rules Update