IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tonights midget show
12/13/15, 10:41 AM   #151
throb

I was super excited for this event and went in hoping for the best. Quickly it became apparent that it just wasn't going to work. There just wasn't any room to avoid a problem that presented itself in front of a driver. I love the promotion, the effort and the hard work that was put in to this event. But it seemed doomed from the beginning. There really needed to be at least a 3 caution rule, because a lot of the cations were caused by the same drivers over and over and over and over. There was NOTHING that anyone could have done about the air quality stoppages, and what I can say is that anyone who thought air quality wasn't an issue check your boogers this morning....black as coal!

All in all, it was a major disappointment, but I'm glad they tried and I'm glad that so many people supported the event..it shows that folks around here are starving for some racing this time of year and would support a huge race of someone just puts in the effort!

12/13/15, 10:42 AM   #152
Rpracing1

Just curious, what was beer price and did they run out?
Last edited by Rpracing1; 12/13/15 at 10:50 AM.

12/13/15, 10:53 AM   #153
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
Just curious, what was beer price and did they run out?
Not sure on the beer but for $3.50 I got a generous serving of twist ice cream in a cup. #winning

12/13/15, 11:01 AM   #154
rockstar5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
Just curious, what was beer price?
I talked a friend into coming It was his first dirt race :\ he brought his family with him so he spent $200 for tickets when he we to our seats I thought oh no seats where good but I knew the track wasn't going to work but I've seen crazier things happen at the first air delay he decided it was time for a beer he waited in line for 45 mins and they told him they didn't have the wright cups so he couldn't buy a beer lol so we never got the opportunity to find out he'd had enough and I wasn't going to try and talk him out of it my wife and I left b4 the first b-main but I decided I would come home and donate more money so I rented the race online figured I was already 180 in why not I could not believe it actually got worse and after spending over 200 and staying up until 2am as soon as the race ended the stream ended they didn't even give a field run down
A little sad I must say but on a good note he's excited about ft Wayne so he didn't give up

12/13/15, 11:11 AM   #155
SpfldMile

It was a debacle, no doubt. I'll give them credit for trying, though. I don't think the track is wide enough to carry speed around the outside even if they bank it. If they have this in the future, I hope it works out.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jim goerge, leftturnonly, rockstar5
12/13/15, 11:14 AM   #156
miledirt

No sarcasm Charles, can't wait for next Sat night!

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, jim goerge, luckybuc97
12/13/15, 11:19 AM   #157
ICANCU

We left after the 2nd midget heat race. Didn't take much for these two ex race drivers to figure out the folks who would stay would be in for a long night and a every tough Sunday due to carbon monoxide poisoning.

Here's hoping they folks who put this event on wont be to discourage and will do there due diligence to work something out with the contracts at Lucas Oil.
Would be great if the power that the PRI folks have with the city convention folks could help out.
Steve Imel

12/13/15, 11:25 AM   #158
Re: Tonights midget show
Vukie

Will the management of the building even allow a second race? If the NBA books a game on that Saturday night in 2016, your question about a return will be answered.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jim goerge
12/13/15, 11:34 AM   #159
BLASTER1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones752 View Post
Like so many others, we left before the B's. Actually, we left after the second yellow of Heat 5 when it was clear that no one was going to venture off the pole, even after the outside was loosened up and watered. It seemed like an odd time to do track prep, especially following the inexplicable red during Heat 4. Had they explained at that time the the real reason for the delays was due to the CO levels we may have tried to tough it out for a little longer but I doubt we would have hung on to the bitter end. Incidentally, they DID try to ventillate the place; I spoke to one of the ushers and he said they had every door in the place open. I don't know if that was true but I did pass a big industrial fan in an exterior doorway on my way to our seats, but it was blowing IN; may have worked better if they were oriented to blow fumes out, not try to bring fresh air in. If every fan in the place was pointed in that may have only served to trap what carbon monoxide was already inside. I know the stuff's tasteless/odorless/colorless but the "fumes" didn't seem nearly as bad as DuQuoin, Tulsa or Ft.Wayne. The quality of the racing's another story, but that could be fixed.
The fastest and best way to undo high CO is to dilute it with fresh air!!!
When you move air out you have to have a great supply coming in to make everything work...

I am surprised the CO at Fort Wagne Rumble has never come into question!!! Or no one has monitored it...

12/13/15, 11:35 AM   #160
Re: Tonights midget show
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman92 View Post

Hope to see some of you Saturday at DQ!

Does this mean DuQuoin or does it mean Dairy Queen? Knowing you it could be either!

I still wish I could have been there! Some friends of mine went and invited me along but I couldn't get the time off with such short notice!

As for the air quality I can't imagine it could have been much worse than the first night at The Sandbox in New Richmond! And they 'sort of' improved it!
Last edited by racegal; 12/13/15 at 12:18 PM.

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, jim goerge, ronmil, wildman92
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tonights midget show