IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Enclosed trailer size question
11/11/15, 11:58 PM   #1
Enclosed trailer size question
kendirt

I'm looking at enclosed trailers to haul my midget but also want to be able to haul a sprint car. For a few reasons not interested in getting a high top trailer, looking at 6'6" interior height.

Is a 24' trailer long enough for 2' deep cabinets across the front, top wing stood up on the floor in front of the car, four wheeler behind?

TIA

11/12/15, 12:13 AM   #2
treecitytornado

We are going to start hauling a wing stood up inside the trailer with a 4-wheeler etc. We currently have a 28 Foot that is very well organized with a five foot long cabinet on each side, fold out pit pal tables on each side, shelves, gear rack, torsion bar rack, tire racks in the front, etc. We are going to do it for this season, but I have a feeling we may go a little longer next season.

11/12/15, 9:17 AM   #3
xoxide

You will fit a midget and a 4 wheeler end on end in a 24 just fine with about 2 feet to spare. You will not fit a sprint car, wing, and 4 wheeler in a 24.

We ran a midget and 24 with the same configuration this year and had to sell to go up to something larger (28ft min) to run the sprint car

11/12/15, 9:23 AM   #4
t_inmyface

I have a 26' trailer well organized that i haul a sprint car, four wheeler, rolling tire rack, cabinets in front. I dont run wing but id have just enough left over space for one.

1 member likes this post: Ryan Uhrick
11/12/15, 4:05 PM   #5
amiller24m

Race Count This Year: 12

I run a sprint car with and without the wing, I have a 24' standard height trailer and I have 2' cabinets in the front, its tight but I fit a Polaris 570, car and wing all in without any issues. I also have tool box, spare racks and a tire rack as well. It can be done with the right layout.

11/12/15, 6:09 PM   #6
kendirt

Thanks for the input guys it helps to hear what other people have done.

Then just reading and thinking about it I was laying it out wrong. It needs to go cabinets, car, wing, four wheeler if you're cramped for space. That way the rear bumper of the car and front bumper of the four wheeler are somewhat inside the wing sideboards so you're not losing that total floor space.

11/12/15, 6:46 PM   #7
Rhody

Race Count This Year: 9

I had mine like this, front to back: tire rack on top, air compressor, fuel jugs, generator and shelf of spares on bottom. Next was tool box, wing, and another RR. Then car, quad, cooler and sometimes the generator went in back. 24 foot floor.

11/12/15, 7:38 PM   #8
Re: Enclosed trailer size question
sprntr

Firstly, if you go 6'6" don't go running into the trailer to grab something. I'm 5'11" and I banged my noggin' a good one on the ceiling!

My trailer is 24'. Toolbox is on the left wall under the cabinet. Wing goes on the right against the side wall. Wheeler goes in between and tows the car in. Tire rack is above the right wheel well, fuel jug racks below it. Compressor & generator go in behind car, nice to have good light for loading. Might consider a wing holder on the ceiling overhead, it does protect the wing if you have clearance.

11/13/15, 3:33 PM   #9
Re: Enclosed trailer size question
Landrum Spring

We have a 22' trailer, and haul a winged sprint car inside. In the front we have our pit cart, and four wheeler. The sprint car rides in the middle with the wing hanging from the ceiling of the trailer over the car. We also carry a generator, and all of our extra tires. Hanging the wing works really well.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Enclosed trailer size question