IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Shane Stewart-Burg
10/18/15, 9:08 AM   #11
Re: Shane Stewart-Burg
BrentTFunk

Stewart looked good before the crash. I also give him credit for trying. He really has nothing to prove.

10/18/15, 9:59 AM   #12
PIT CART

Quote:
Originally Posted by chastaj View Post
That's my point exactly. Front axle $150, 2 rims $300 each, 2 shocks $400, torque tube $150, couple arms and stops $200..I actually run one of these, and that's at max $2000 unless frame bent, then add another $1000 to clip it. You can buy 1 year old rollers on this site for $7-8,000 including all wheels, tires, and even the seat.
2 shocks $400 that sounds cheap.

4 members like this post: Beinthecircle, jim goerge, smith19, Tony74
10/18/15, 10:15 AM   #13
chastaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIT CART View Post
Each, sorry. Question is how many parts are given to a team like this? A $3000 crash probably doesn't affect them as much as most guys using up a RR tire each night at $200. But that's the benefits of when you are one of the best in the business of which both Shane and Larsons are.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
10/18/15, 12:49 PM   #14
Beinthecircle

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIT CART View Post
Exactly. And then pricing IOW rollers on here as they would even compare to the equipment in LARSON/MARKS.

4 members like this post: jim goerge, MKTQ17, PIT CART, xoxide
10/18/15, 3:37 PM   #15
SPRINTCAR

Shane Stewart.jpg
Gotta give them credit. The only Woo team to give it a try.
Last edited by SPRINTCAR; 10/18/15 at 3:41 PM. Reason: pic

10/19/15, 7:15 AM   #16
scottyCbus

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 18

And we care why they lost 30k or less? I'm just glad he was OK it looked nasty from were I was sitting! He was fast in Hot laps car looked good! Props for trying Shane!

10/19/15, 9:14 AM   #17
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyCbus View Post
And we care why they lost 30k or less? I'm just glad he was OK it looked nasty from were I was sitting! He was fast in Hot laps car looked good! Props for trying Shane!
Of course everyones glad hes ok, Thats the main thing always. We just thought it was funny that Beinthecircle quoted a $$ possibly ten times the actual damage, Then called me out for Speculating on another thread. They put new front axle, some bars, drag link, shocks and a couple new wheels on it and rolled it back on the trailer, Stayed for the feature and were one of the first haulers out.

Shane Tweeted he'll stick to wings from now on. Like I said earlier. Give him 50 laps in a car really setup to run NW and he'd be a threat.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 10/19/15 at 9:19 AM.

3 members like this post: jim goerge, scottyCbus, sprint18
10/19/15, 12:44 PM   #18
yeleyfan76

How could he get the money for being the highest finisher if he never started? To say he looked good in hot laps is weak. He tip toed for three laps then dumped it before getting the green to take time. He might not have anything to prove to some, but he proved to me he isn't ready for this. Another poster says " give him 50 laps of practice and he would be a serious contender". Really? The idea that one of these guys could just come in and do well is ludicrous. That's like saying give one of USAC's guys(with no wing experience ) 50 laps of practice and he can contend for a WoO win. This was a gimmick promotion that failed. He was the only wreck and it held up the show. I know he has done well in winged racing and that's great. He realizes nw is not for him. Maybe next time instead of hoping a wing guy can qualify for a bonus, how about putting the 1000$ in the purse for the guys who really deserve it. Fortunately he only wrecked his car and no one else's.

2 members like this post: mc/rider, Sling'n DIRT
10/19/15, 1:20 PM   #19
Sling'n DIRT

Seen this

10/19/15, 1:42 PM   #20
cshuman

I don't know where this was a gimmick promotion?!? It was a race that paid $10,000 to win, the same as the Outlaws the night before, and Shane was the only "wing guy" willing to try it. To say his wreck held up the show and was a promotion fail is ridiculous. Also, for your information, Shane has a previous USAC start, where he finished on the podium. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that after Saturday night, I respect Shane even more then I already did.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Shane Stewart-Burg