IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Flat out Magazine
9/21/15, 9:15 AM   #11
Re: Flat out Magazine
Deansnuts

I also like dirt track racing.I like sprintcars.I was a topless fan mainly.With car counts dropping out here 410,360,I got into the King Of The West Wing cars.They put on a hell of a show.I still prefer topless but the wing cars aint so bad.Ck out the trophy cup some time,Well worth the dough.......

3 members like this post: cmakin, i love dirt track racing, Ltfd164
9/21/15, 9:43 AM   #12
spot1

Race Count This Year: 45

All those that think winged racing is soooooooo boring should have been at the World of Outlaws race at Deer Creek Saturday night. You had two, three and four wide racing throughout the entire feature. Brad Sweet had to race his ass off to hold off Donny Schatz. And, Schatz was actually running around sixth or seventh more than halfway into the race. And, it would be impossible to not mention Jacob Allen, who ended up sixth. He was, at one point late in the race, trying to pass Schatz for second place. This came after having to run the B Main. It's easily one of the top three races I've been to all year.

9/21/15, 12:38 PM   #13
flagboy55

Sometimes it's hard to believe how biased some folks are about wing vs non wing. At least they aren't stock cars!

1 member likes this post: RACrappieman
9/21/15, 5:11 PM   #14
Vukie

There is no such thing as a "non-wing sprint car" They are sprint cars. We have "sprint cars" and "winged sprint cars" Years ago when somebody put a cage on a sprint car, they called them a "super-modifieds", which also was a silly term to describe a sprint car. The worst was the term "un-winged sprint car".

The definition of the word "non" has a negative meaning.

"non-

Word Origin

a prefix meaning “not,” freely used as an English formative, usually with a simple negative force as implying mere negation or absence of something (rather than the opposite or reverse of it, as often expressed by un-1.): nonadherence; noninterference; nonpayment; nonprofessional."

9/22/15, 12:58 AM   #15
fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Sometimes it's hard to believe how biased some folks are about wing vs non wing. At least they aren't stock cars!
I'm really in trouble. Besides liking sprint cars with or without wings and on dirt or pavement, I looked at my schedule from this season and I went to eight pavement stock car races. No wonder no one likes me around here!

9/22/15, 1:56 AM   #16

Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 24

Pavement!Stock Cars.In the same sentence even. All kidding aside it sounds like someone who is just a huge race fan.
AS far as Deer Creek I passed on that one for a local show but a buddy told be it was the best race he has seen all year. And for the magazine I will have to check it out. I haven't read much since the old open wheel.

2 members like this post: fish, flagboy55
9/22/15, 6:51 AM   #17
cmakin

I never really thought of Flat Out as a wing magazine. They have been publishing my photos for some years now and I can safely say that the majority of the pictures that I have had published (if not ALL) were non wing cars, either sprints, champ cars or midgets.

9/22/15, 6:02 PM   #18
sprntr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Points View Post
AS far as Deer Creek I passed on that one for a local show
So, where did you go instead? I planned on Cedar Lake but the weather bit me.

9/23/15, 2:19 AM   #19

Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprntr View Post
So, where did you go instead? I planned on Cedar Lake but the weather bit me.
I went to Beaver Dam Raceway for a little of both worlds. IRA winged sprints, mini sprints, 600 badger micros, and the new wingless sprint division out of Wilmot. I think a few of the northern traditional sprint guys came down for this. 105 cars in the pits so lots of action.
I was at Cedar lake last week and I thought the wingless guys put on a really good show.

9/23/15, 7:39 AM   #20
racephoto1

I also work for Flat Out. They print my articles and my photos, wing and wingless. They even printed an article I wrote about Jacob Wilson and hockey. When it comes to open wheel racing they have something for everyone. Well worth the purchase if you love the open wheel race car.

5 members like this post: DAD, Danny Burton, fish, flagboy55, Indy1808
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Flat out Magazine