IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Aug.15 Dick Gaines Memorial
8/15/15, 9:44 PM   #71
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

One more thing
I think the 17 that was 10th was kyle robbins
Unsure
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing

3 members like this post: jim goerge, JON'S MOM, racegal
8/15/15, 9:58 PM   #72
Re: Aug.15 Dick Gaines Memorial
FishBurger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy1808 View Post
One more thing
I think the 17 that was 10th was kyle robbins
Unsure
Might have been though I think my boy Robbins (17R) was also eliminated by Stanbroughs failed slide job before they even made the front straight. 17 that finished 10th might have been McGhee.
Last edited by FishBurger; 8/16/15 at 10:54 AM.

8/15/15, 10:42 PM   #73
PAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettingeven View Post
LOL, you must be Sacha's friend!
Never met her.

3 members like this post: Hamby812, luckybuc97, RacingGirl10
8/15/15, 11:31 PM   #74
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Thanks for the updates Indy1808!

4 members like this post: Indy1808, luckybuc97, Pat O'Connor Fan, racegal
8/16/15, 1:49 AM   #75
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

KRob stopped in turn four bottom after the initial start Melee and was throwing the number one sign long before Ballou realized he was broke.

Great run by Coondog to come from 17th to 3rd at times the top three were under a blanket but Jon never bobbled a bit even if DD looked like he might have something for him. He never got the chance. Coondog tried to make the bottom work and wasn't getting beat but wasn't gaining either after making it to third.

You could see it coming when JS and DD were lapping cars. They came upon a pack and I said OMG as they came out of two with the gaggle entering three. Sure enough Moffatt and Grant got to spinning and JS did everything but spin although he took a shot to the RR he got lucky and maintained the lead for the restart.

Abrams again looked strong and IMHO is the next Farney, Mghee or Leary and is going to win one when everyone's going to be scratching their head saying who is he?????????? He's been racing Burg for the last two or three years and this year really stepped up his program to real contender. Good Job Garrett Abrams. Good to see Dickie work his arse off. He actually got a good starting position after the first lap melee but fell back then came on strong at the end.

Mods were won by Joey Kramer breaking Matt Hamiltons domination this year.

Street stocks won by Wheeler

Did not see Hornet race but hope it was good.

Thanks for teams, track and crew for putting on a excellent show on what turned out to be a much nicer day than the forecast called for. They were calling a 102 heat index and I don't think it ever really felt uncomfortable all day and evening.

Had our BARC Luau tonight so didn't see to many, But did see Marv, Kelly and Mudpacker, Johnny Thunderhead who is getting better after getting hurt last year, Ilovedirtrackracing and family that came down. plus the 90 plus BARC members and friends who attended.

8/16/15, 1:55 AM   #76
Charles Nungester

Oh and I texted Susan the top five after the race not knowing if anyone was updating.

Dad seen one of the JS team carrying a tire from victory lane and said whats that about? I said three grand, A tire and a hell of a trophy for winning this race

Thanks Jackslash and contingency sponsors

3 members like this post: jim goerge, racegal, tubemaster
8/16/15, 2:02 AM   #77
KR_17

Charles I never filped anyone off, just showing my displeasure for what happend on the start.

8/16/15, 2:08 AM   #78
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by KR_17 View Post
Charles I never filped anyone off, just showing my displeasure for what happend on the start.
Sorry KRob. Didn't say flipped off but I did imply it which as you point out, isn't true.. Was sorry not to see you in the hunt. Not sure what happened but sad to see a couple contenders not get to continue and one was lucky enough to not be damaged and worked up to third from the tail.

A gain sorry for sending he wrong message, You run strong here and hope to see you again!

2 members like this post: FishBurger, JON'S MOM
8/16/15, 5:46 AM   #79
Beinthecircle

So Jon Stanbrough won, right? Good. Goodnight

2 members like this post: JON'S MOM, tubemaster
8/16/15, 9:52 AM   #80
tubemaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonwingnit View Post
😂😂😂 that's karma there boo hoo for driving over Brackett and into Stanbrough last night bet he has some interview about how he's the poor mistreated stepchild of sprint car racing
Yeah totally agree if he can dish it out, he better be able to take it. I am sure Stanbrough wasn't real thrilled with him on Friday night. Things happen in racing and you move on to the next race. They will be fighting it out for more wins in the future.

1 member likes this post: JON'S MOM
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Aug.15 Dick Gaines Memorial