IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Powri @ Lasalle speedway 8/29?
8/11/15, 3:40 PM   #1
Powri @ Lasalle speedway 8/29?
Clydesdale

Lasalle has powri midgets on there schedule but date is not on Powri website has this race been cancelled ?

8/11/15, 5:55 PM   #2
ernart3

Yes it's canceled

8/11/15, 7:45 PM   #3
axman775

Bummer, was looking forward to a race close to home. Hope powri tries to come to Chicago area...

8/11/15, 7:55 PM   #4
Re: Powri @ Lasalle speedway 8/29?
bullring

Just the powri portion or is the whole progam cancelled?

8/11/15, 9:07 PM   #5

Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 24

I noticed that too yesterday as I was planning my upcoming races. It is still on IRA and MOWA schedules so I figure they are still a go. POWRI running also was what was going to get me there. I was really looking forward too this event. Kokomo Smackdown and NSL at Knoxville that day have moved up the list now.

8/11/15, 10:13 PM   #6
ISF

Anyone have a clue as to why it was cancelled?

After Fairbury was rained out and not rescheduled we were really looking forward to being able to see the POWRi guys in action at La Salle. We live about 1/2 way between Fairbury and La Salle with both being about 40 minutes from our house.

Now both have gone the way of cancellation in the same year.

Very disappointed.

8/12/15, 11:22 AM   #7
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 29
Race Count Last Year: 85

My wife and I were at Farmer City last Friday and a gentleman was handing out brochures for the August 29th race at LaSalle. He was informing everyone at POWRi portion was off the card (replaced by $3000 to win late model show) but did not state why POWRi was off. The MOWA/IRA portion of the program is still on. Hope this information helps.

1 member likes this post: Clydesdale
8/15/15, 11:03 AM   #8
Clydesdale

There's an update on Lasalle speedways website that POWRi cancelled due to low car count concerns.

8/15/15, 11:40 AM   #9
SAC74

Low car counts at recent POWRi events was my guess, looks to be confirmed now. Sad!

8/15/15, 11:50 PM   #10
gearguy

The Illini Racing Series midgets will be on the LaSalle program for August 29th. Our rules allow most midgets to run with restrictors and the use of our AR tires. This is a great opportunity for those of you with 2.4 liter cars to see how you like racing with us. Depending on car cout we pay $100 to $125 to start the feature. Membership is required [$185 for owner/driver] but we have mounted loaner tires available for the first three teams to PM me. Feature winner and second place get more than the base payout; again it varies with payout.
LaSalle has historically been a good midget venue and we'd like to reward the promoter with a good car count. These are tough days for midget racing. If you want there to be more midget races in your area you need to support the races on offer. Our teams are doing their part. We want to help other teams get back on track too. Please don't sit on your hands [and cars] when the sport needs you.

Chuck Schultz
Illini Racing Series PR rep

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Powri @ Lasalle speedway 8/29?