IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > I can't make it to Haubstadt..
8/2/15, 9:03 PM   #51
SoIllSprinter

I think the payout is more than appropriate, the response by race teams was underwhelming. I wish all races could pay teams their worth. My point is when a race with this level of payout is not supported by the race teams it has to give promoter's a pause. BTW if this is the Short racing team, thank you for your attendance and for your competitive fire. Last night was one heck of a drive and your season has been outstanding.

3 members like this post: bmemmer, jim goerge, SPD 37
8/2/15, 10:06 PM   #52
Clydesdale

Maybe MSCS needs to look at how they are doing things to attract more cars to run their series. The first thing is to look at the BOSS series and see how they are doing things. One of their things that they do is they don't run at one track more than twice during the season. So if you don't run good at Haubstadt then why would you follow the series. They also have no tire rules and heat race awards. For me and the people I go with we want to see the heat races mean something and they have to transfer out, so you have to have 25-30 cars to make it a good program. We used to go down to Haubstadt all the time but now we aren't going to travel all that way to see two heats and a feature. MSCS relies to much on the USAC guys to fill their fields. It seemed like when the series started they had more followers and now it's just a secondary USAC series.
Last edited by Clydesdale; 8/2/15 at 10:08 PM.

8/2/15, 10:39 PM   #53
SPD 37

MSCS heats mean something, passing points! No one wants to start in the back.

3 members like this post: dshort36, fish, jim goerge
8/2/15, 11:06 PM   #54
Re: I can't make it to Haubstadt..
Flatrightrear

If the BOSS owners owned a track I bet they'd run there more than twice a year.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
8/2/15, 11:14 PM   #55
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatrightrear View Post
If the BOSS owners owned a track I bet they'd run there more than twice a year.
Oh but he does. a dirt outlaw kart track

3 members like this post: fish, jim goerge, sprinter14
8/2/15, 11:25 PM   #56
Andretti18fan

I only just started going to sprint car races last summer, but when I do I always get a pit pass so I can talk with the drivers. I can safely say that more than a few drivers don't really like the way MSCS is ran. So much so that some drivers won't show up at a MSCS show unless its co-sanctioned by USAC. That could explain why so low a car count. I know I didn't go because its like a 3 hour drive for me to get there then 3 back, that could be another reason.

1 member likes this post: tubemaster
8/3/15, 12:16 AM   #57
Jerry Shaw

What's funny to me is you have a thread about a race. Mainly it contains posts by people who were there, talking about what a great race they were lucky enough to see. Then, the last half of the thread is polluted by people who weren't even there, trying to tear the event and the people who ran it, down. Those are the type of people who tear this sport apart. The ones who make all this racing possible are the same ones that you see at all these races, whether they're USAC or MSCS or POWRI or KISS or BOSS or whatever. Those are the ones who appreciate just how lucky we are to have all of these great racing organizations, putting on big events within driving distance for most of us to go see. People from the second group are the ones that I seek out to watch these races with and consider my second family, when I'm out there traveling from race to race. The others, I just say hi to and get the hell away from before the racing gets started.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 8/3/15 at 6:08 AM.

8/3/15, 2:23 AM   #58
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andretti18fan View Post
I only just started going to sprint car races last summer, but when I do I always get a pit pass so I can talk with the drivers. I can safely say that more than a few drivers don't really like the way MSCS is ran. So much so that some drivers won't show up at a MSCS show unless its co-sanctioned by USAC. That could explain why so low a car count. I know I didn't go because its like a 3 hour drive for me to get there then 3 back, that could be another reason.
Dude You're breaking my heart about a 3 hour drive. I can name you at least 6 people from this site that drives 6 hours round trip every weekend to a race unless Haubstadt is racing. I am reading this stuff after just getting home from another 6 hour rounder to Bellville IL for POWRI so don't even use its to far. Seems a lot of drivers scare away from a high purse cuz it brings out the big dogs and they don't think they can run with them Guess they want to be the big fish in the small pond By the way the PowrI show was AWSOME

8/3/15, 7:42 AM   #59
Clydesdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
What's funny to me is you have a thread about a race. Mainly it contains posts by people who were there, talking about what a great race they were lucky enough to see. Then, the last half of the thread is polluted by people who weren't even there, trying to tear the event and the people who ran it, down. Those are the type of people who tear this sport apart. The ones who make all this racing possible are the same ones that you see at all these races, whether they're USAC or MSCS or POWRI or KISS or BOSS or whatever. Those are the ones who appreciate just how lucky we are to have all of these great racing organizations, putting on big events within driving distance for most of us to go see. People from the second group are the ones that I seek out to watch these races with and consider my second family, when I'm out there traveling from race to race. The others, I just say hi to and get the hell away from before the racing gets started.

Jerry
I'm sure it was a good race, few people brought up car count concerns they had with event and discussed that.

8/3/15, 8:01 AM   #60
SoIllSprinter

I have been registered for this site for at least 10 years. I rarely post and now I remember why. I was at Haub, I am almost always. I also support and make at least 1 trip a year to the other tracks in Indiana that run sprints. I think I asked a valid question. If you want to rip me for doing so, that is your perogative.

1 member likes this post: Flatrightrear
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > I can't make it to Haubstadt..