IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tri-City car count(POWRi)
7/28/15, 12:05 PM   #31
Re: Tri-City car count(POWRi)
El1teBr33ze

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFO View Post
You can help but feel bad for the Gundakers what is going through there mind about the Gold Crown now? I'm sure POWRi will have there usual 30-40 cars at Belle Clair but something does need to be done to try and lower the costs of what it takes to race every night.
I don't think Gold Crown will see a slump at all. It never has. It's one of those go-to events for the year.

1 member likes this post: Kellen Conover
7/29/15, 3:46 PM   #32
illiNOISE

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFO View Post
You can help but feel bad for the Gundakers what is going through there mind about the Gold Crown now
Well, after losing two entire Gold Crown weekends in just a few short years, and after losing three big money making late model shows (in about a six week span) this season, I would imagine their thoughts would be something along the lines of "PLEASE, NO MORE RAIN!

4 members like this post: ISF, luckybuc97, mc/rider, ronmil
7/29/15, 4:32 PM   #33
darnall

MOWAs Sprint Week was also happening in the area the same nights, and there is a fair number of guys that run cars in both series. I am sure that detracted a small amount from the midget car count. And the weather couldn't have helped much... when a casual racer knows there will either be 110 degree heat index or a 75% chance of 2 inches of rain they are more likely to stay home or go to the lake that weekend.

***Edit...was just informed that MOWA and PowrI were both at Tri City that night... there goes that theory..haha***
Last edited by darnall; 7/29/15 at 5:19 PM.

7/29/15, 5:33 PM   #34
Hkamp1982

MOWA sprint week was at tri city the same night as the powri show.

1 member likes this post: luckybuc97
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tri-City car count(POWRi)