IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway -7/25-Putnamville Clash - 4K to Win!
7/25/15, 9:52 PM   #31
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Yellow with about 4 to go. Running order Thomas. Beauchamp. Darland. Ballou. Courtney boesplfug. Stanbrough.

3 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan
7/25/15, 9:55 PM   #32
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Finish. Thomas. Darland Ballou. Beauchamp. Courtney

Wow. What a wild last 4 laps.

7/25/15, 11:21 PM   #33
sprintcarmemes

My question is why was Brady Short able to get his spot back after he pulled off the track before the race started. I thought if you pulled off the track you to go to the tail.

5 members like this post: Clydesdale, dirtfan98, SHORTBUS, Slider20, speed bump
7/25/15, 11:49 PM   #34
KKRfan-Thralls

Big shout out to Yeley for busting a$$to make it, says something about the sport we love!

7/26/15, 12:05 AM   #35
Re: Lincoln Park Speedway -7/25-Putnamville Clash - 4K to Wi
Jerry Shaw

You knew this was going to be a good one from the get-go, just by the way they were lined up. Darland and Thomas in the 3rd row, Brady Short in the 5th row, Robert Ballou in the 6th row and Jerry coons in the 8th. It just had the makings of another real good LPS feature. When the green dropped, Brent Beauchamp immediately jumped out to the lead, from his front row starting spot. His row 1 compadre, Jon Stanbrough started to fade and along with 2nd row starters Tyler Courtney and Scotty Weir, were under assault by Thomas and Darland. Dave running a lower line and KT doing what he often does, seeing what the outside edge of the track has to offer. A few laps in, KT was in second and after a short but good battle with Courtney, Darland was sitting in third. On back through the field, the obvious mover was Robert Ballou, who was working the bottom and getting real good forward bite coming out of two and four. When he passed and started moving away from Brady Short, you knew he was on the ascent. By this time Beauchamp had built a nice lead, in the time it took Dave and Kevin to get to the next two spots after him. Brent was flying around the bottom, but after a few laps it was plain to see that KT was catching him. He wasn't doing so without taking a considerable risk though, because the cushion was rough, especially on the turns one and two end of the track. Many laps he bounced and others he nearly drove over the top in two. It was fun to watch, but Beauchamp would not be easy prey, because he was driving a great race. About this time Robert Ballou had wrestled a spot away from Kyle Cummins and began to catch Courtney. When he did catch him, he and Sunshine engaged in the battle of the race. Trying to beat each other into turns one and three and drag racing each other down the straightaways. Sunshine was a tough out for The Madman and he wouldn't be able to claim his spot until he changed tactics and started running a higher line. Even then, the spot had to be pried away from Tyler. And it took somewhere between 10 to 15 laps for this excellent fight to be decided! The bottom wasn't as good as it had been for the leader and he moved up a bit to try to protect his lead from Thomas, but KT was not to be denied and began to drive off after he had captured the lead. Ballou, who was up to fourth by that point was starting to catch third place Dave Darland. Then a yellow came out with 4 laps left. Beauchamp had a chance to redeem himself, but it was not to be, as Thomas would begin to drive away, again. With a couple of laps left Beuchamp would have another challenge, when Dave Darland began to move on him, for the runner up spot. Dave would win that one and had the spot. Then, as they came down to take the checker, he would lose third to Ballou, who ended up the race's Hard Charger.

KT Jr was just just up on the wheel tonight, like he has been for the last month or so, fought hard and deserved to win this race. Brent Beauchamp was so tough and on many nights would have won the race with a performance like he turned in, tonight. Dave Darland was just so solid all race and did what professionals do so often. Grab key spots, real late in the race. And what can you say about Robert Ballou? When The Madman shows up at your track, you know one thing. There's going to be some racing, tonight. And Joe and his crew did another outstanding job. Their track was good all night and there was great racing up until the very end. And as usual, they don't mess around. Good support class car counts and they had you out of there at a decent hour. And race fans are taking note. It's no accident that this place is drawing such big crowds every week.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 7/26/15 at 3:04 PM.

7/26/15, 1:19 AM   #36
Re: Lincoln Park Speedway -7/25-Putnamville Clash - 4K to Wi
Pushtruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintcarmemes View Post
My question is why was Brady Short able to get his spot back after he pulled off the track before the race started. I thought if you pulled off the track you to go to the tail.
I believe the answer to your question is that Short was pushed off and the car did not want to fire because it had a fuel line leaking. I pushed him half way around the track before it got enough fuel to catch at all. He immediately went to the work area to have it tightened while the rest of the field was being pushed off. It was tightened and he returned to the track before a wave lap or one to go was given for the start. Since the race had not started and he had not held up the start of the race I believe that is why there was no penalty otherwise I believe he would have had to go to the tail. Just my opinion.

7/26/15, 10:53 AM   #37
sprintcarmemes

Thanks for explaining

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway -7/25-Putnamville Clash - 4K to Win!