IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > It All Comes Down To This!
7/19/15, 8:34 PM   #21
Re: It All Comes Down To This!
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman92 View Post
Pretty sure I came home with dirt on me from every track. Or mud in the case of Kokomo and Bloomington. And I'm ready to do it all over again! ����
I know I am. My car looks like a calico cat, right now. Thanks for all the great work you do for IOW, Jen.

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 7/19/15 at 8:36 PM.

7/19/15, 9:07 PM   #22
Rpracing1

What, dust at a Dirt Track! Unheard of! Travesty!
Last edited by Rpracing1; 7/19/15 at 9:26 PM.

7/19/15, 9:25 PM   #23
RGraves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
I don't know whether you're sensitive to dust getting on you or not, that's your deal. I went to to all all seven programs and saw all five features. Haubstadt was, by quite a bit, the best feature of the five that happened. Remember, it was more than 95 degrees, for most of the day. There were two passes for the lead in this race, in the last half of the race. And more late race passing in this one, than any other race in the series. Tom has one of the best tracks in the country and last night was another example of that.

Jerry
I am not sensitive at all, just stating my observation and thoughts. The dust was just as bad at the outlaw show in May as it was last night. Make no bones about it, Haubstadt is and always will be "home" to me as its where i grew up going to the races, nothing will ever stop me from going; but, in my opinion the racing isn't as exciting there as it once was.
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 7/19/15 at 10:29 PM.

1 member likes this post: mowerman
7/19/15, 10:45 PM   #24
Flatrightrear

RGraves, were you not there for the last three races last season with each finish being as thrilling as can be with Kyle Cummins and others writing a book on magnificient, clean racing and leaving us all in the grandstands in awe? The Outlaws were good this year and the MOWA race very exciting with the, I know it's not open-wheel, fender-bender UMP SummerNationals the best race I've seen all year. I'll admit the wing shows can be dirty but that's why God let us invent hats and goggles. Sitting in the pit grandstand in number 2 turn is undoubtedly the worse place at Haubstadt to sit with 20 some-odd cars on the track all going for broke. All I know is that nobody in the country spends more time and puts in more effort to prepare as good a racing surface as possible as Tom Helfrich so if it does get dusty I know nobody could've done any better. I hope I don't sound high-handed as that is not my intent but if you travel around the country a bit and visit different tracks, and maybe you have, any dust at Tri-State will seem minimal in comparison. Tom's dealing with Mother Nature constantly when working the track, not frying chicken with a 100 year old, can't miss recipe.

6 members like this post: Dirtfan, Jerry Shaw, jim goerge, mc/rider, rclaridge, SisterToThe3c
7/19/15, 11:02 PM   #25
hungthrottlepodcast

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 20

I was a bit distracted at Haubstadt as I won the 50/50. After the race I went down to Tmez and gave him $50 for being the winner of the "I won the 50/50 hard charger award". Had lots of fun watching him race all 4 nights.

7/19/15, 11:51 PM   #26
Flatrightrear

Congratulations on your winnings. I have to say, though, that in either his heat race or the B-Main, I can't remember which, T-Mez hit everything but the popcorn stand. He flat drove into someone going into turn one with a "no chance of succeeding" move and put the guy out. I wasn't impressed.

2 members like this post: Jbaldwin, rclaridge
7/21/15, 12:06 PM   #27
hungthrottlepodcast

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatrightrear View Post
Congratulations on your winnings. I have to say, though, that in either his heat race or the B-Main, I can't remember which, T-Mez hit everything but the popcorn stand. He flat drove into someone going into turn one with a "no chance of succeeding" move and put the guy out. I wasn't impressed.
Yeah, that was a bad move. Every driver has made a dumb move at some time. You should have seen how evil that car was when he unloaded at Haubstadt. Totally missed the setup, they had way too much stagger in it.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
7/21/15, 2:29 PM   #28
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatrightrear View Post
Neither was the guy that he took out.....but he did apologize to the one he took out.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
Last edited by Dirtfan; 7/21/15 at 2:30 PM.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, wildman92
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > It All Comes Down To This!