IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ride along at IMS
7/17/15, 11:30 PM   #1
Ride along at IMS
hungthrottlepodcast

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 20

Went to museum today and Petty Experience was there doing ride and drives. You only live once, so I ponied up the $135 for 3 ride along laps. Totally worth it because Jimmy Kite was the driver.

4 members like this post: DirtHawk92, EBookerFan, jim goerge, VSneader2
7/17/15, 11:46 PM   #2
Re: Ride along at IMS

Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 24

I didn't know they did Indy. I bet that was a blast. Would like to do a ride there. I have done charlotte and Daytona and they were awesome.

7/18/15, 10:52 AM   #3
Re: Ride along at IMS
EBookerFan

I did the Petty ride several years ago at IMS as a passenger. I still have my photo to prove that I did it. We averaged a higher speed than the indy cars did when I first started watching them. Getting in the window at my age of 75 was a really hard . Going into the first turn at speed was a real thrill. Passing another Petty car on nearing turn 3 was another. My son did the Indy car ride at a later date at a much higher speed with Davy Hamilton the driver. To bad I missed riding along with Jimmy Kite. Kite lived in Stockbridge GA at one time and I had another son who lives there and one of my first greetings would be " has there been a Jimmy Kite sighting"?

3 members like this post: hungthrottlepodcast, jim goerge, Justigit
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ride along at IMS