IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg Speedway Questions
7/11/15, 1:36 PM   #1
Lawrenceburg Speedway Questions
HoosierMikey

I have tried calling but no answer. I have emailed but no reply yet. I need some info on Handicap access and seating. I would like to go tomorrow night for the USAC speedweek but need some info before i can make that trip. Thanks in Advance.

7/11/15, 2:18 PM   #2
Re: Lawrenceburg Speedway Questions
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierMikey View Post
I have tried calling but no answer. I have emailed but no reply yet. I need some info on Handicap access and seating. I would like to go tomorrow night for the USAC speedweek but need some info before i can make that trip. Thanks in Advance.
Its a flat fairgrounds with paved roads into the track, however parking is grass or gravel. The track grounds are flat. The main grandstand has ramps underneath each end that enter the grandstand halfway down each end. The entire bottom row has wheelchair seating and seats next to that and its a easy hop up one row if needed The bottom is also a main walkway for the grandstand.. Seating is close to the front straight but you will be able to see the whole track. The main restrooms are easy access. wide entry and handicap stalls are provided. There are also two restrooms out on the fairgrounds that one at least is always open. Both are handicap accessable.

Any other help I can give? There is kinda specific handicap parking near the fairground restrooms outside turn two but
the grounds are flat and there is paved roads to the main entrance. also flat.

I'll be on and off till about noon Sunday anything I know I can help with. Just ask.

Granted, I've not been to every track in indiana but have all the sprint tracks except Plymouth, And when it comes to Handicap access. The only other match I've seen is Eldora as far as ADA friendly. Maybe moreso because the concessions are also easy wide flat access.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 7/11/15 at 2:25 PM.

3 members like this post: fish, HoosierMikey, R A K
7/11/15, 2:19 PM   #3
R A K

Quote:
Lawrenceburg is handicap accessible.
Ramps, etc. places in grandstand for wheelchair positioning. I am sure parking is available, also.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, HoosierMikey
7/11/15, 3:21 PM   #4
HoosierMikey

Thanks for the info. My Wife dont use a wheel chair very much but has one if needed. Its been quite sometime since i been to the burg. Wife says we were there once after they re done the track but i dont remember it. i do remember the seat with the back on them. We went to Lincoln Park a couple weeks ago and that worked out good because of the flat concrete behind the grandstands and the ability to put lawn chairs there or between the rows of seats. It was a very short walk to rest rooms as well.

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
7/11/15, 3:49 PM   #5
sprint fan

They have handicapped parking and wheel chair ramp under grandstands

1 member likes this post: HoosierMikey
7/11/15, 4:30 PM   #6
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Thanks for the info. My Wife dont use a wheel chair very much but has one if needed. Its been quite sometime since i been to the burg. Wife says we were there once after they re done the track but i dont remember it. i do remember the seat with the back on them. We went to Lincoln Park a couple weeks ago and that worked out good because of the flat concrete behind the grandstands and the ability to put lawn chairs there or between the rows of seats. It was a very short walk to rest rooms as well.
Well they did the restrooms, concessions and grandstand in 2001 but the track and pits, lighting and entry were redone in 09. Also a top ten scoring tower with timing on top

7/11/15, 5:22 PM   #7
treecitytornado

Had to be 2002 on the new grandstands. I raced there in 2001 and it was still the old stands. New track, etc. Opened in June of 2008.

7/11/15, 5:33 PM   #8
HoosierMikey

The last time we were there was probably after the new stands were put in but before the re did the track.

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
7/11/15, 5:45 PM   #9
HARFprez

Race Count This Year: 3

L'burg and Terre Haute are my wifes only tracks anymore because they are so handicapped friendly.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, fish, HoosierMikey
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg Speedway Questions