IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > $2000 to win Open Wheel Wednesday at Plymouth Speedway
6/18/15, 8:59 AM   #1
$2000 to win Open Wheel Wednesday at Plymouth Speedway
plymouthfan

June 24th will be a great show at Plymouth Speedway. $2000 to win 410 non wing and $600 to win 600 non wing micros. Last years show saw 33- 410's and 53- non wing 600's. It was an awesome show last year but with the new surface this year it will be even better. I was at the May 29th Usac midget and 410 non wing show, and the slide jobs were awesome. Dave Darland had great things to say about the place, and i am glad that it is only 20 mins west of Warsaw. The midget feature was the best i have seen as 3 wide going for the win. Ed Kennedy has and still is investing into the complex, and the new clay has made a huge difference in the place. If you have not been there this year you have to check it out. The modifieds weekly have 3 wide racing through the entire feature. More info go to www.plymouthspeedway.net

6/18/15, 6:38 PM   #2
Re: $2000 to win Open Wheel Wednesday at Plymouth Speedway
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by plymouthfan View Post
June 24th will be a great show at Plymouth Speedway. $2000 to win 410 non wing and $600 to win 600 non wing micros. Last years show saw 33- 410's and 53- non wing 600's. It was an awesome show last year but with the new surface this year it will be even better. I was at the May 29th Usac midget and 410 non wing show, and the slide jobs were awesome. Dave Darland had great things to say about the place, and i am glad that it is only 20 mins west of Warsaw. The midget feature was the best i have seen as 3 wide going for the win. Ed Kennedy has and still is investing into the complex, and the new clay has made a huge difference in the place. If you have not been there this year you have to check it out. The modifieds weekly have 3 wide racing through the entire feature. More info go to www.plymouthspeedway.net
The track was pretty good this past Saturday with 3 & 4 wide racing pretty much the whole race during the UMP Modified feature. lets hope it's that way for the show next Wednesday. After looking at the pictures I took at last years Open Wheel Wednesday the car count was 34 & 56 respectively. Hope they get a good turn out of 410's & 600's like last year. The $2,000 to win should help bring cars.
Last edited by nathans1012; 6/18/15 at 6:41 PM.

1 member likes this post: racing2bwithu2
6/22/15, 9:32 PM   #3
Stevensville Mike

I'll be there, but I am going to make a claim that $20 for a Wednesday Night show is pretty steep. Call me cheap.....

.... or call me a fan with a watchful eye on this place.

1 member likes this post: dkdorkboy
6/23/15, 1:14 AM   #4
racer-x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
I'll be there, but I am going to make a claim that $20 for a Wednesday Night show is pretty steep. Call me cheap.....

Wow let's just call ya cheap!!! Some of the biggest crowds I have seen in N.W.Indiana were at South Bend (midgets) and Illiana (USAC sprints) were open wheel Wednesday shows.I am more then happy to pay $20 on a week night for a show.I bet if the weather is nice it will be standing room only!

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, dickster, EBookerFan, Jerry Shaw, mowerman
6/23/15, 8:04 AM   #5
plymouthfan

I agree with Nathan. Every week i have been there the place has great racing. I think Open Wheel Wednesday will be huge. There is a ton of talk about it after we all saw the non wing sprint race on May 29th that was won by Dave Darland. Thanks Plumouth for investing back into the place to give us all a great racing experience. Theu have new Ribeye sandwiches and i can feed my 2 kids for $3 for the kids meal which includes a drink.

2 members like this post: EBookerFan, nathans1012
6/23/15, 2:07 PM   #6
jim goerge

Mike in Indiana its pretty standard for $20 or more at any special show and I haven't felt robbed at any of the shows

4 members like this post: dickster, i love dirt track racing, mowerman, Onlydirt
6/23/15, 9:41 PM   #7
DICNJAN

rain looks close by 7.30omorrow ...dang stuff

6/23/15, 10:56 PM   #8
i love dirt track racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post

Hopefully that you will get your money worth. Have fun and enjoy the event and I think that I seen you might have Robert Ballou motorsport in house. Don't count your chickens before they are hatched. Could be a great racing event. Thanks

2 members like this post: jim goerge, rachasin
6/24/15, 8:03 AM   #9
plymouthfan

Looking at his fan page it looks like Robert Ballou will be in the house tonight. Should be a awesome show... 0% chance of the R word and in the 70's tonight. I can't wait to see this event.

2 members like this post: DirtHawk92, i love dirt track racing
6/24/15, 9:46 AM   #10
Shawn Harper

Quote:
Originally Posted by plymouthfan View Post
Looking at his fan page it looks like Robert Ballou will be in the house tonight. Should be a awesome show... 0% chance of the R word and in the 70's tonight. I can't wait to see this event.
I'm definitely not a Ballou fan, so who else can be expecting to show?

2 members like this post: racegal, Trenton_Darland
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > $2000 to win Open Wheel Wednesday at Plymouth Speedway