IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hamilton no longer with USAC?
6/16/15, 9:18 PM   #51
ShamrockRacin'48G

So really what would it take to oust Miller? Just the thought of him sucking in $500g's a year while the USAC teams race all summer for a championship that pays 10 grand makes me want to puke...

3 members like this post: kundog, Pat O'Connor Fan, team3521
6/16/15, 9:48 PM   #52
LEADERS EDGE

Anyone remember who gave a glowing review and thumbs up to the hiring of KM?

2 members like this post: Kellen Conover, ShamrockRacin'48G
6/16/15, 9:55 PM   #53
Re: Hamilton no longer with USAC?
Sandy Lowe

Isn't it funny how the internet works. Someone posts something, people repeat it over & over, and it becomes fact. It doesn't matter if it was the truth or not, it is now accepted as the truth.
Last edited by Sandy Lowe; 6/16/15 at 9:57 PM.

6/16/15, 11:13 PM   #54
streetglider

The truth is that USAC has been drowning under the watch of KM,and you can't deny that ! Like SHAMROCKRACIN said it makes me want to puke !! Not sure what it going to take , but there's got to be a change in leadership !! DAVEY for CEO of USAC ! Or at least someone who knows a thing or two about good ole a$$ kickin grass roots racin'.

1 member likes this post: team3521
6/17/15, 12:13 AM   #55
ShamrockRacin'48G

It's sad to say but business today devalues leaders with relevant experience, instead choosing marketers or corporate goons to steer the ship. If your local fire dept was ran like modern biz, you'd have 5 guys on a truck- CEO, CFO, and Executive VP, all callin the shots----and 2 guys who know how to actually fight a fire...(guys w relevant experience)...when my house burns I want 5 guys who started at the bottom, trained for the job and I want the 20 yr veteran calling the shots, not some guy who made his name marketing fax machines...I value the school of hard knocks, if you will...if Mr Miller is as passionate about USAC as many on here are, he's welcome to log in to iow and explain....for those who wanna say he doesn't owe me an explanation, well---he actually does because as a racer/fan/sponsor I help pay his salary...without me he may have to apply for CEO of some other non related industry because apparently Relevant Experience is not required...

6/17/15, 7:53 AM   #56
The Old Coyote

6/17/15, 10:01 AM   #57
LEADERS EDGE

If a trained monkey in a Bell Hop Uniform riding a mini bike could bring in more sponsorship money....it would be in charge.

Why would USAC get rid of someone who brings in $$$$? As I am aware and I could be wrong....he has a base salary that has not changed and works on commission. The more $ he finds the more $ he gets

The disconnect is that the racing is used as the sales pitch....but the sponsorship $ and what have you is used to pay overhead and I would imagine prop up shows that are marginal on getting done.

If USAC has been screwed up for 40 plus years or what have you and it's had numerous different faces in charge during that time....at some point you have to start thinking that who the people think is in charge and what their job directive is....isn't what you think it is.

It's not about the racing.

6/17/15, 11:21 AM   #58
dshort36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Lowe View Post
Isn't it funny how the internet works. Someone posts something, people repeat it over & over, and it becomes fact. It doesn't matter if it was the truth or not, it is now accepted as the truth.
sounds exactly like the democratic party to me lol

6/17/15, 7:44 PM   #59
team3521

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEADERS EDGE View Post
If a trained monkey in a Bell Hop Uniform riding a mini bike could bring in more sponsorship money....it would be in charge.

Why would USAC get rid of someone who brings in $$$$? As I am aware and I could be wrong....he has a base salary that has not changed and works on commission. The more $ he finds the more $ he gets

The disconnect is that the racing is used as the sales pitch....but the sponsorship $ and what have you is used to pay overhead and I would imagine prop up shows that are marginal on getting done.

If USAC has been screwed up for 40 plus years or what have you and it's had numerous different faces in charge during that time....at some point you have to start thinking that who the people think is in charge and what their job directive is....isn't what you think it is.

SPOT ON! Thank you!

2 members like this post: Ken Bonnema, ossuks
6/18/15, 12:46 AM   #60
410racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEADERS EDGE View Post

This is a good response. The folks @ Leaders Edge have involvement in most of the USAC racing circles. It might be product, advice, or business aspect of it, they know.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hamilton no longer with USAC?