IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Racing videos racertube.com
5/17/08, 10:34 PM   #1
Racing videos racertube.com
DanielHood

click here for a Daron Claton video

http://www.racertube.com/index.php?o...ectlink&id=139

Hi, my name is Daniel Hood. I am a sprint car driver from California. You can see me race in the usac-cra next week in Tulre. I have spent the last year working with web programmers to create a website for racers like us to broadcast and watch racing. Racertube.com is still in development, you can enjoy the process with me. Go to the site and send us your feedback.

thanks

5/18/08, 9:43 AM   #2
Re: Racing videos racertube.com
Speedracer

Check your PM's please, some of my videos are on your site that I never put up there.

5/18/08, 11:44 AM   #3
raceway video

This is complete BS

If you want a web site with race videos, either pay the people to shoot the videos for you or go buy a camera, shoot some races and edit your own footage.

Absolutely unbelievable how this is an excepted practice today.

Jeff Kristensen
Raceway Video

5/18/08, 12:13 PM   #4
petey

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

5/18/08, 12:48 PM   #5
Turn 2

Imitation is, but in this case I think Jeff's point is more of videos being taken and posted without permission. Copyright infringement.

These videographers like Jeff Kristensen, Dean Mills, Jeff Converse, etc. work extremely hard and spend a bunch of money to travel to shows to bring the fans racing videos of stuff the fans would otherwise not see. These guys need to be supported through buying their DVDs so they can continue to do what they do best.

By being in the business I can tell you we have seen a lot of video and the fans of Sprint and Midget racing are some of the luckiest because these guys that shoot your races are some of the best guys we have seen in the business. Be grateful of their work and please support them.

Now, we have nothing against this new site, but if they are just grabbing video and not compensating these guys, that is wrong... ultimately this site, or any site of this type, will look to generate income and if they are doing so, these video people need to be paid. You cannot open a store (any store) without buying product to fill that store. Well these videos are the product and those who produce them should be compensated.

Jeff, btw, I will be calling you... the end of March and all of April has been extremely hectic.

Ian
race/network

5/18/08, 2:23 PM   #6
DanielHood

Thank you for your feed back. As a long time racer I have total respect for the hardworking videographers.

The content that is on racertube already exists in many places on the web.

Racertube simply organizes existing web content onto one racing site.

Racertube will allow user submitted videos no different than youtube, googlevideo, myspacetv, metacafe…

If racertube users have added or submitted a video that you own feel free to flag it, it will be removed.

Racertube is being designed to help videographers gain more exposure, sell videos from their profile & earn money from advertising.

Racertube is being designed for race teams to gain more exposure for drivers and their sponsors.

Racertube is a good thing for Sprint Car racing. It will provide more opportunity for everyone in Sprint Car racing. Racertube is capturing a world wide audience of motor racing enthusiasts. Sprint car racing will gain more respect from racers world wide. If you are involved in sprint car racing be glad that Racertube is being created by a sprint car racer.

Side note: at racertube we respect copy written material. In my opinion the short clips that you find on racertube, youtube or any of the others are only going to increase exposure to your video’s causing more sales.

Personally I have purchased from millsvideoproductions only because I found and liked his videos on youtube.

Thank you.

5/18/08, 5:20 PM   #7
cmp

Daniel is A 2nd Generation Racer, a Good Guy. Its like a complete start-up as many projects in Silicon Valley, Yahoo, E Bay etc and Hes trying to create a new idea for Motorsports, a new concept. A lot of News Groups, once material is online run with it. Daniel is a Sincere Young Man, not trying to step on toes by any means, spending a lot of time and energy to get this off the ground, concept wise, a clearing House to expose Racing in America..

5/18/08, 5:37 PM   #8
cmp

Once material is Published on You-Tube, They own the rights of That You-Tube clip, not disimular when You submit a clip to a TV Station, They lay sound-over, that particular clip...is Theirs.
Bruce

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Racing videos racertube.com