IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloom in high spirits for 2015 season
3/25/15, 9:41 AM   #1
Bloom in high spirits for 2015 season
Pavement Dave

BLOOM IN HIGH SPIRITS FOR 2015 SEASON

Holly, MI – March 25, 2015 – Bangor, Michigan driver Jeff Bloom is in high spirits as he awaits the start of the 2015 Must See Racing Sprint Car season. Bloom will be competing in the “Southern Showdown” at Hickory Motor Speedway in Newton, NC April 3-4. The event will be part of the 10th annual Easter Bunny 150 PASS Super Late Model race.

The 2013 National Sprint Car Hall of Fame inductee will be entering his 49th consecutive year of racing this year. The veteran driver is optimistic about the new season because he will be debuting a new car. In addition, the Must See Racing schedule will feature more short tracks in 2015, which Bloom prefers. ”I’m just excited to begin the new season as I ever have” explains Bloom. “I’m just smarter, older, and wiser”.

Bloom will debut a new car of his design at the “Southern Showdown” in two weeks. ”It’s a car I designed. Streicher Chassis put it together for me. It was time for a new car. I just never could get the old one to work. It’s not like I lost it, there just wasn’t something there with my last car. The car before the last one, I had 11 fast times and 9 wins in two years. I finished in the podium 80% of the time with that car. I got a new car and we started struggling. I think we will be fine with this new car. I’m bull-headed and I’m gonna make this new car work”.

Along with a new car will come a new color scheme for Bloom. Fans will be surprised to see Bloom carrying new colors. “Well the tail tank is yellow and red. The car has some blue in it as well. It’ll be a little different”.

Hickory Motor Speedway will be a new venue Bloom has never raced at and is eagerly looking forward to visiting. ”It is one of the few pavement tracks in the country I’ve never raced at. I talked to John Hotchkiss who ran it in the 90’s. He said it was slick with round corners. I like the smaller tracks because I don’t have a $60,000 motor, and feel I can be competitive”.

The three-time Little 500 champion finally feels healthy heading into the 2015 season. Bloom suffered severe injuries from a fiery racing crash at Marne, MI in 2012.”I feel pretty good and have put on a few pounds. Best I’ve felt in a while”.

Bloom feels optimistic about his success in 2015 with Must See Racing. ”We should be right there. I wanna consistently run in the top five. If you can run in the top five you can win races. I think we can pull off a few victories this year. We have several short tracks on this year’s schedule, which I prefer. I really think we will be fine”.

For more info on Must See Racing and the Southern Showdown please visit www.mustseeracing.com. Also follow us on Twitter and Facebook.

3/25/15, 5:11 PM   #2
Re: Bloom in high spirits for 2015 season
stoney

we shall see if this year is another start&park

3/25/15, 11:45 PM   #3
ossuks

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoney View Post
Why? Do you feel more like a man now?
Last edited by ossuks; 3/26/15 at 10:10 AM.

3/26/15, 6:49 AM   #4
sprintracer82

Being a life long fan/friend/ part of the Bloom family growing up, I'm glad to hear Jeff is doing so well and has a great outlook on this year. I do know last season he had a lot of struggles. I wasn't at Berlin the night of his crash but I was at the hospital that night as well as many other nights and to see him bounce back is wonderful. Once again it comes as to no shock that on this board even a positive post brings out negativity. Now we just need Dad to chime in and we are nearly set.
Nick Landon

3/26/15, 9:30 AM   #5
RACEMS41

Quote:
What an ahole!! How many races have you won? have you ever been on fire? How many Little 5's have you won?
Internet tough guy.....

3/26/15, 8:58 PM   #6
Pavement Dave

Jeff Bloom is one of the toughest SOB's I've ever met. He was back racing less than 8 months after he was severely burned. His hands were so tender he could hardly shake your hands. Bloom is a throw back to the old days and one of the reasons I got hooked on the sport because of drivers like him. It's totally classless to take a shot at him on this board. But then again I wouldn't think of anything less from a guy who's username is "Stoney".

3/26/15, 9:17 PM   #7
Action Tracker

I started rooting for Jeff Bloom when I was a teen-ager. I'm well into my 50's now and I still can't think anyone I would rather see behind the wheel. A class act and one hell of a racer.

3/27/15, 8:28 AM   #8
snoopy

Seems everybody is forgetting this is a team. Linda has been right there beside him for years. Appreciate the prayers and bible verses.

3 members like this post: Midget 89, mod4s, RACEMS41
3/29/15, 9:10 AM   #9
Midget 89

Quote:
One of the cheapest shots I've ever seen on this board. Shame, shame, Stoney.

3/30/15, 3:42 PM   #10
zerospeed

Quote:
You're a complete douchebag, Jeff Bloom is a legend and a great competitor. Jeff just took an hour of his time on the phone just to see if I needed help finishing my pavement car for this year.

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, koolaid89, sprintracer82
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloom in high spirits for 2015 season