IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Story about Denny&Danica (a song)
2/22/15, 10:20 AM   #11
kidrock

Danica has improved since his first start in NASCAR. Is she setting the NASCAR world on fire no but, did any of you really think she was going to. At least she is out there and making NASCAR money and isn't that really what their in business for. NASCAR is big business its not your local show where there is no money to be made. I think what I find more interesting is how most in the dirt world hates NASCAR but yet they still watch it. I just never understood that. Then you have some who say I didn't watch it but, yet you know they did because,they know to much about the race for them not to watch it so, today watch something else and then you won't have to waste your breath complaining about the NASCAR race you hate so much.

1 member likes this post: oljonesy
2/22/15, 12:08 PM   #12
i love dirt track racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
Danica has improved since his first start in NASCAR. Is she setting the NASCAR world on fire no but, did any of you really think she was going to. At least she is out there and making NASCAR money and isn't that really what their in business for. NASCAR is big business its not your local show where there is no money to be made. I think what I find more interesting is how most in the dirt world hates NASCAR but yet they still watch it. I just never understood that. Then you have some who say I didn't watch it but, yet you know they did because,they know to much about the race for them not to watch it so, today watch something else and then you won't have to waste your breath complaining about the NASCAR race you hate so much.
The only reason I watch is to support the dirt track racing guys that started out on dirt and made it to Nascar. Other than that the racing sucks. Good luck to all the dirt track drivers in the 500 today. Lot of them in field today and we all enjoyed watching them run at our local dirt tracks.

1 member likes this post: DAD
2/22/15, 12:14 PM   #13
Re: Story about Denny&Danica (a song)
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by i love dirt track racing View Post
The only reason I watch is to support the dirt track racing guys that started out on dirt and made it to Nascar. Other than that the racing sucks. Good luck to all the dirt track drivers in the 500 today. Lot of them in field today and we all enjoyed watching them run at our local dirt tracks.
I

Two big advantage open wheel dirt racers have over the taxi cab and pavement only driver is Racing Courtesy, (learned the hard way) and the ability to stay on top of a loose race car. It is sometimes explained as an educated butt. Danica needs a little more education in that department to be a really good race driver.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 2/22/15 at 12:16 PM.

1 member likes this post: 55fan
2/22/15, 2:33 PM   #14
kidrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by i love dirt track racing View Post
The problem is sometimes the racing is not that good for the lead but, if you could see them racing for positions on back through the field it's pretty good. I've seen plenty of dirt track features that were not that good.
Last edited by kidrock; 2/22/15 at 2:49 PM.

2 members like this post: DAD, i love dirt track racing
2/22/15, 2:37 PM   #15
DAD

Quote:
The problem is sometimes the racing is not that good for the lead but, if you could see them ta ing for positions on back through the field it's pretty good. I've seen plenty of dirt track features that were not that good.
Kid

Put them on a half mile high bank track with seats all around it and you got a heck of a race.

Honest Dad himself

2/22/15, 2:51 PM   #16
kidrock

I agree, smaller tracks no more then a mile in length would make for better racing.

2/22/15, 7:17 PM   #17
DAD

Quote:
The problem is sometimes the racing is not that good for the lead but, if you could see them racing for positions on back through the field it's pretty good. I've seen plenty of dirt track features that were not that good.
Kid

I forgot about the race piddling in the garage>>>> walked in on the last 12 laps to go and Danica was still running and Denny was still running what the heck "No Fireworks" Guess I didn't miss much. Them guys do run some of the fastest pace laps I ever watched though 3 wide at 200 MPH that takes just a little skill.

Honest Dad himself

2/22/15, 10:44 PM   #18
kidrock

Yeah no fireworks today but, yes it takes a little skill to drive 3 wide at 200 mph. I just wish they would have a format like out local dirt tracks. Heat races, b-main and then the a- main with about 50 laps.

2/23/15, 8:44 PM   #19
suzuki756

She is there because go daddy is paying smoke for her to be there . With out that she is on her best day average. NASCAR help make this deal to get more women interested

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, scottyCbus
2/25/15, 8:53 AM   #20
brian2h

she sure has had better results than one dirt driver thats been there twice as long his average finish is some where around 40th. would love to know how he is still there oh not mentioning any names but his int. are jj yeley lmao. maybe he is still learning to. another 15 years will prob. do it. lol

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Story about Denny&Danica (a song)