IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > What firesuit do you have?
1/28/15, 8:59 PM   #11
jyoung8j

What's ur average hinchman run? I kno u can't put price on safety but really dnt wanna spend 1200..

1 member likes this post: Mattmac05
1/28/15, 9:35 PM   #12
Re: What firesuit do you have?
Hurryinhoosier

I use all DJ except my Simpson helmet. Big Ben is my guy there and both are highly recommended.

1/28/15, 10:41 PM   #13
7xCoop

Race Count This Year: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung8j View Post
What's ur average hinchman run? I kno u can't put price on safety but really dnt wanna spend 1200..
I believe the last time I priced one they ranged from $800-$950 entry level, as far as designs and logos go.

1/29/15, 4:41 AM   #14
jyoung8j

not really wanting a design just a black one really..

1/29/15, 1:53 PM   #15
Knoke77

If you call Nancy and tell her what you need and what your budget is, there is a good possibility that she will work with you to get you in a suit. As others have said in their posts, Nancy and Joe are top notch with the history and customer base to back it up.

1 member likes this post: jyoung8j
1/29/15, 4:42 PM   #16
4t4

I could not agree with Knoke77 more! Nancy is a racers best friend and loves nothing more than to take care of her racing family! They have a lot of pride in their history and place in the sport over at Hinchman and it reflects in their products and service. Nonetheless happy fire suit hunting.

Adam Andretti

1 member likes this post: jyoung8j
1/29/15, 11:57 PM   #17
Bad Dad 54

When ordering a suit, have tailor measure you tell them what's it's for & should be a little loose, air is an insulator for heat. Make 2 copies of the measurement sheet. Bend over or sit w/o killing yourself or singing alto. Be sure & get the good underwear it doubles the protection. Nothing on suit should be able to snag your belt release, watch that. Check the TPI (Thermal Protection Insulation) of a suit, that tells you how long it takes for the heat to get to you. Another question is how many layers or protection do I want. Well do you race on a 1/2 mile w/ no walls, or 1/4 mile w/ walls. How long is it going to take for the safety crew to get to me in a crash?? Thinking cheap Charlie on a firesuit? you're playing Russian Roulette w/ a loaded gun my friend. Go to the grocery store & look at one of those whole chickens all cooked up. You wanna look like that, I've seen a human burnt like that, it's horrible, that man suffered till he died years later. You other door knobs racing w/o proper protection, I'll be around to talk w/ you someday, hope you live long enough. Kevin Bloomstrand is a friend of mine, he was burnt pretty bad at a Silver Crown race, 9 surgeries on his hands alone & still wasn't done. Kevin had the best safety equipment money could buy. Be safe not stupid

3 members like this post: davidm, jyoung8j, oldfan49
1/30/15, 11:05 AM   #18
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

Even though I don't race nor have any need for a suit I would recommend Nancy at Hinchman, I met her a few years back when Ballou crashed violently at the Smackdown, She was there at the hospital making sure he was ok. From my short time talking with her she is a great person.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > What firesuit do you have?